• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Omega NTTD Movement Recommendation

aggiedds

Horology Curious
20/4/22
Texas
I've been dabbling in Watchmaking for a while now. I recently became interested in replicas - specifically Omega and Tudor watches because that's what I like. I got the Omega NTTD and it was gaining time rapidly (over 80 seconds a day on the timegrapher) . When I took it apart, I made some observations I thought might be helpful to others.

1: The Beauty faceplate is pretty simple to remove. The rotor has to be removed first, then the faceplate can be removed in one swipe.

2: The movement is total crap - it's a chinese skeletonized version with an open barrel spring. It's not ideal. Could not regulate the timing well at all. I would recommend replacing the movement when you get it with another that is of better quality. It is an eta 2824-2 knock off so you can get a Seagull st2130 for under $100 and swap that out fairly easily... if you know the following.

3: Dial is glued on. Once you remove the beauty ring and slide out the crown, you can open the dial levers but the dial won't just come off. It has adhesive that must be carefully pried off in order to get the dial off. once that happens you can then unscrew the three movement holders and get the movement out towards the dial side.

Here are the dial feet - they might bind, but can be opened

This is a shot of the adhesive

These are the large flat screws that hold the movement in the case ring. once removed, the movement can be pressed out (with moderate finger pressure) towards from the back towards the dial side.

The next movement you get, as long as it is a clone of the eta 2824-2 is going to drop in... with a little pressure. I will post some pics of the next movement I put in and some progress photos.