• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Moonwatch franken

pablito123

Horology Curious
31/7/15
Hi guys,

I have lemania movement 1873 and moonwatch dial. It is hard to find moonwatch case. Do you think that the case from latest rep moonwatch will fit gen lemania? Will the pushers spacing be ok?

thanks for advice

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Having the same question and spoke with guys from VN and SK.
Both denied that there is a HQ case available that accepts Gen movements.

I gave this project up before buying one part I could have used in such a build.

correllian G

Known Member
31/1/19
It won't fit sorry.. there is such minimal tolerances allowed in speedmasters and a replica case is simply not made for this movement currently. The unfortunate truth is that the 1871/1873 movements are such complicated movements that it is not worth the effort to make a replica for them including a replica case.
One option is to go for the Genstein pathway and find second hand old parts to cobble together a speedmasters to your liking. Most gen speedy parts are all basically interchangeable.

I did this for an Ed White speedy and don't regret it at all and it cost me 1/4 of the price.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

correllian G

Known Member
31/1/19
No worries I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Side note
I do have a spare 105.012-66 CB case but I'm not sure if that's something you're looking for

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Wow!
If pablito is not interested in this I'd be really seriously interested in getting such a case.

kokemut

9/1/17
It won't fit sorry.. there is such minimal tolerances allowed in speedmasters and a replica case is simply not made for this movement currently. The unfortunate truth is that the 1871/1873 movements are such complicated movements that it is not worth the effort to make a replica for them including a replica case.
One option is to go for the Genstein pathway and find second hand old parts to cobble together a speedmasters to your liking. Most gen speedy parts are all basically interchangeable.

I did this for an Ed White speedy and don't regret it at all and it cost me 1/4 of the price.

Can you show us the ed white? I love that watch

Sent from the RWI mobile app

correllian G

Known Member
31/1/19
Can you show us the ed white? I love that watch

Sent from the RWI mobile app
With pleasure.

*Not a photographer
4233dd83ec1da82c08212b7ad2678bcb.jpg