• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Affordable Speedmaster Alternative from Omega x Swatch (pics inside) "MoonSwatch"

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
I've never been one to wear Nato straps much, as I found them to be lightweight compared to the watch. However, for these, I think they are absolutely perfect. Way better than the velcro strap....

zAWlis.jpg

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Are the rep battery covers with the planets on actually removable or just printed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Can you tell me where you purchased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a dhgate seller called man watch.

And yes the battery cover comes off and you can see maybe half of the battery....

Reactions: stufuse

Slayer1976

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/7/16
From a dhgate seller called man watch.

And yes the battery cover comes off and you can see maybe half of the battery....

But the big question is can you swap it out when it dies???

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
The seller claimed that it was possible but I've not tried.

Everything else is bonded /fused so there's no way to split the crystal or case. At least on this particular rep anyway. Perhaps if you're an expert with a scalpel you could remove the bezel and then the crystal.
​​

I've seen pics of other reps where the whole case back looked pressed on.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I visited the swatch store in London this past week. He said stock 10-20pcs is now coming pretty much every other day but they don't know which models. He said as the stock has improved, the scalpers are no longer hanging around the store as they are not making the money they did before. So I will give it another month, and then grab the original, I don't see the need to buy a rep of this one.

daytona4130

16/11/20
do you know what is the differences beween the 40 and the 100$ reps? at first glance, the 40$ should have a metallic case, the 100$ a plastic case. movements both seems to be with 24h counter at 2 o'clock, so not the eta g10 that is near identical to the genuine. if we can find the right movement, we can understand if the battery can be replaced by open the little door in the case back

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
All I know is that the rep uses a vk68 movement and the battery centre is in the 7 o'clock position of the "battery hatch".

It's debateable whether the 100$ reps are worth the price but from what I've seen of proper pics, the low end ones have more flaws. There seems to be at least 3 factories making reps of these to varying standards.

Last edited:
Reactions: daytona4130

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Yesterday bought another gen in the store, this time is Earth.

Unfortunately the reps are far from the gen... it is funny to see "Mission on Earth" written on the caseback of Pluto :)))

donsoprano

Horology Curious
30/6/22
I've never been one to wear Nato straps much, as I found them to be lightweight compared to the watch. However, for these, I think they are absolutely perfect. Way better than the velcro strap....

zAWlis.jpg

Brilliant idea with the black nato strap, I want this!!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Got my ali special for £30 delivered including taxes. Ill be honest its filled my desire to try out the watch. There are a few problems, obviously. The 3 oclock subdial is a 24 hour counter to the regular time, the battery cover on the back is a sticker (doesnt line up anyway). But the case back does come off, and realistically you can get every colour for less than the market price of one gen. Yeah its plastic, so is the gen!
zLDmuK.jpg

zLDqZv.jpg

zLDahR.jpg

zLDin8.jpg
z5Lycc.jpg

z5L9mX.jpg

z5LY4I.jpg

Last edited:

pablito123

Horology Curious
31/7/15
I visited the swatch store in London this past week. He said stock 10-20pcs is now coming pretty much every other day but they don't know which models. He said as the stock has improved, the scalpers are no longer hanging around the store as they are not making the money they did before. So I will give it another month, and then grab the original, I don't see the need to buy a rep of this one.

Did you try again? Im going to London for a couple of days. Will give a try ????