• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega recommendations?

bart_dood

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/22
Hi folks, I'm pretty new on here and have my first watch on order. Excited to get it soon.

My question is about omegas and looking for some recommendations, I'm thinking of buying an omega rep for a friend of mine as a gift, I think he would enjoy it because it's something he could wear all the time and wouldn't worry about it getting scratched or a bit worn. I know he likes omegas because he has a small dress one from way back.

I'm thinking of a seamaster, as he's a big guy and it would suit him.

Any recommendations? Specifically I don't want to spend a fortune so maybe $200-450 range? It doesn't have to look absolutely perfect but something reliable that will keep reasonable time and can be adjusted or repaired so he can keep it running.

I'm looking for a vendor and particular watch model recommendation.

Thanks!!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Hi

Vsf factory makes the best omega reps. The problem is that they’ve got supply issues right now (long story).

The other big omega makers have decent offerings also. The best thing to do is browse any TD website (check out the TD section for links) and see what you like under the omega section.

Pretty much all the reps sold by the TDs here are high quality, no the DHgate shitters sold elsewhere.

Make sure you email the dealer first to see if stock is available before ordering a specific model.

Remember also that cny holidays start very soon, so you may not get your watch for a while - if it gets caught up in the holiday period. Again ask the dealer if they can ship it out before the holidays. It’s cutting it a bit right now.

Regarding model, the orf factory seamaster is nice. But you could literally pick anyone from this list and theyll be blown away with the quality. OMF planet oceans are nice as well. We moan about gen vs rep differences here forever but honestly they’re all academic these days as the reps are very good. Good luck

https://www.intime06.co/226-sea-master

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

bart_dood

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/22
thanks, the link you posted has some nice models. I've heard about CNY causing delays but I'm not flying out to see my friend until June so I think I'm ok with some delays