• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Am I being a dick?

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
So I'm paying a bit of a premium for this watch. The logo is crooked and the whole thing and text are to the left. Am I making to big of a deal of this?

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Are you sure the whole text is on the left? Or are the lines on the right of the text just a tiny bit short? Also the "co-axial" and "master chronometer" text might look off to the left but I think it's just the lines on the right. the whole 5liner looks ok to me if you align it vertically with the hands base

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Only you can make that final call. The lines vs text will be very hard to see on the wrist due to constantly changing viewing angles and no zoom. The logo is tilted slightly clockwise, but again it will be hard to notice because of it's dark color. It it was silver it would be different. Often when we know there is a flaw we hunt it down to constantly reaffirm our belief and it can ruin our enjoyment of the watch. It's harder for some to ignore or accept flaws than others, no matter how small they may be. Telling someone to just ignore it doesn't always work, though generally I find myself more tolerant of flaws like this the longer I am in this hobby and the more reps I buy. So you can learn to be more tolerant of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: OverAfton

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I agree the logo isn't perfectly positioned. If you're buying this at a significantly higher price than what was usual one year ago ($348 at that time), I probably wouldn't accept it.

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
I hear you guys. I own a bunch of reps and can accept inherent flaws in them. But this isn't an inherent flaw..... this is someone sticking the LOGO on crooked. It's the Logo man:) I think it will kill me everytime I look at it. BTW, I'm paying over 500 for this watch. I have told the td that I am not happy with it

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
If you're feeling so badly about it, do what most members do when they receive their QC photos, inform the TD you're not going to accept it and ask for another.

At the end of the day, you're the one wearing the watch. If you decide t o sell and (accidentally) not disclose it, the buyer will see it and call you a dick for not saying anything. If you disclose it, other buyers might be more tolerant of it and purchase it because it's a rep.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I hear you guys. I own a bunch of reps and can accept inherent flaws in them. But this isn't an inherent flaw..... this is someone sticking the LOGO on crooked. It's the Logo man:) I think it will kill me everytime I look at it. BTW, I'm paying over 500 for this watch. I have told the td that I am not happy with it

F.I.V.E. H.U.N.D.R.E.D.? Greedy bastards.

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
Yes, I already told him I'm not happy with it. I haven't heard back yet....I guess I'm on the crap list. I normally would be super pissed to pay this much, but it's kind of a grail watch for me that I've been trying to get for a while. I don't want my excitement of actually finding one make me overlook things that I know I will regret later.

KJ2020 Is it possible to fix the logo after If I end up getting stuck with this?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes, I already told him I'm not happy with it. I haven't heard back yet....I guess I'm on the crap list. I normally would be super pissed to pay this much, but it's kind of a grail watch for me that I've been trying to get for a while. I don't want my excitement of actually finding one make me overlook things that I know I will regret later.

KJ2020 Is it possible to fix the logo after If I end up getting stuck with this?

It can be fixed but it's a repair requiring a bit of skill. The pins on logos (and coronets on Rolex dials) are really tiny in diameter. It's pretty challenging to reglue one without any glue showing. I wouldn't take this piece intending to fix it later it's not a burden you should buy into.

Last edited:

Luvwatch

21/8/14
If you’re paying 500 you, my friend are entitled to be a dick.
Happy dicking

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
Thanks guys for the feedback. Hopefully my next qc will be better. I'll post here in case you all are curious...

Reactions: KJ2020

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
If you're feeling so badly about it, do what most members do when they receive their QC photos, inform the TD you're not going to accept it and ask for another.

At the end of the day, you're the one wearing the watch. If you decide t o sell and (accidentally) not disclose it, the buyer will see it and call you a dick for not saying anything. If you disclose it, other buyers might be more tolerant of it and purchase it because it's a rep.

I agree but the issue here is that this watch isn’t in production any more. Hence, it kinda goes without saying that all available stocks are likely to be QC rejects or cobbled together parts from a parts bin somewhere. So it ain’t as simple as “Let me see another piece” unfortunately

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
I agree but the issue here is that this watch isn’t in production any more. Hence, it kinda goes without saying that all available stocks are likely to be QC rejects or cobbled together parts from a parts bin somewhere. So it ain’t as simple as “Let me see another piece” unfortunately

Got it, thanks for clarifying. I wasn't aware the watch is no longer in production as the Op didn't indicate it in his post. Those who know me, know my background of anything Omegas are limited to the Speedy's, e.g. DocHolliday , Ride2live

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
You do know though that on the Gen it isn't centered 100% either and slightly sits more on the left than right side, right?

If you do, is your problem that you think the empty space on the left side between logo and the groove is too wide?

Because yes, they didn't get it 100% - by a few nanometers perhaps. But I don't think that it's noticeable on the wrist.

This photo is from a Gen:
d9ad8ca83a0fe04fcfb3d8997d723652.jpg

Reactions: mech500

R2L

Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
OP only you can decide whether this is a flaw that you can live with or not. Considering this watch may no longer be in production, it makes your choice more difficult as your alternative is to hunt for one in the M2M section and hope you get lucky with a good one.

By all means try to have your TD source one that better meets your needs, but he/she may not come thru for reasons already stated. In my book you are not a “dick” just a careful customer looking for the best watch available.

Good luck.

On a related note, if you ever are looking for a Speedy, check with Martycus first as he has a wealth of knowledge and experiences with these awesome watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
Thanks for the input. I fid not realize the gen had left justified text. I assume that's a pic of a gen...

BTW, this watch IS in production now as of a few days ago.

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
Damn, didnt saw this thread!
I was asking me the same question yesterday thinking about my QCs:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ew-8900-aqua-terra-master-chronometers/page70

I think the other ones my TD had in stock had already been taken, he didnt answer my questions about them either.
In the end i did GL mine, cause i thought now or never and i really do hope i cant see it in real life (i had similar issue with an ORF Seamaster with logo touching the right side of the waves and i cant see it on the wrist).

What makes you think its getting produced again?

Btw, after checking numerous pics of this watch in any colour, its odd how often a hand is covering parts of the logo...

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

I wouldn't say you are being a dick, but you are being way too picky. It's really hard to tell from the camera angle if there is even an issue while analyzing the watch under an electron microscope. Regardless, you would never notice that issue (if it even exists) while wearing, winding, or admiring the watch in hand. We have all bought many genuine watches and I guarantee nobody has ever scrutinized any of them the way you guys look at these fake watches. If it were me I would just accept your "grail watch" and enjoy it. You could also take that $500 and put it in your piggy bank to save for the genuine version of this watch.

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
I'm not zooming into the pic. I actually size it to be life size when I look at qc. Not my first rodeo.

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
Btw, vsf is producing watches again....just under the radar. They've been doing 116610 and 126610, and as of a few days ago started omega and pams.