• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Seamaster Spectre 8400 movement defected

Buggy9119

Looking Around
9/11/21
Hi, I´m Rainer, I am new here. Got a VSF Seamster Spectre which is defected. Need help to find a watchsmith who might be able to repair it.
The problem, that my local watchsmith detected is:

„The movement was almost completely dismantled to find the fault.
A change wheel in the pointer mechanism is defective. Its teeth are badly worn and partly bent.
The wheel engages in the gear train and blocks it. It is responsible for the transmission to the pointer mechanism.

May there be a movement that could fit into the case to make the watch be useable again?

Cheers! Rainer

manuelluduena

26/5/20
Chile
friend if you want to sell it like this please send me photo for DM and price

Enviado desde mi SM-F711B mediante Tapatalk

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
If you ever wanted to sell it, always create ad on M2M, which needs to be approved.
selling member to member without reserved ad is against RWI rules.

Reactions: k4jun

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Hi, I´m Rainer, I am new here. Got a VSF Seamster Spectre which is defected. Need help to find a watchsmith who might be able to repair it.
The problem, that my local watchsmith detected is:

„The movement was almost completely dismantled to find the fault.
A change wheel in the pointer mechanism is defective. Its teeth are badly worn and partly bent.
The wheel engages in the gear train and blocks it. It is responsible for the transmission to the pointer mechanism.

May there be a movement that could fit into the case to make the watch be useable again?

Cheers! Rainer

i might be a bit late, but I think that is an A2824 movement in there. I could be mistaken. but if that is the case then it is easy to replace. either a gen ETA2824, or a Sellita SW200, or just another Asian2824.

Buggy9119

Looking Around
9/11/21
Hi, thanks for your answer. The movement is a VSF 8400 "custom built" movement. I´m looking for something to fit in as a Replacement