• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Definitive Franken Seamaster Professional Thread

dinowatch

Known Member
Certified
4/4/16
This got to be one good franken thread and especially like the 300m chronograph blue wave dial.

lethalspectre

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/5/16
[MENTION=12046]Mr. Pap[/MENTION] Hello!
I have heard rumors that changing bezel insert requires a whole new bezel assembly/ bezel.
Is this true?
Looking at buying a gen piece and would like to put in a less beat to shit bezel insert lol
Someone also told me you can buy a replacement insert that just snaps in?
Doesn't sound right to me....
Thank you!

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
[MENTION=12046]Mr. Pap[/MENTION] Hello!
I have heard rumors that changing bezel insert requires a whole new bezel assembly/ bezel.
Is this true?
Looking at buying a gen piece and would like to put in a less beat to shit bezel insert lol
Someone also told me you can buy a replacement insert that just snaps in?
Doesn't sound right to me....
Thank you!

Are we taking gen watch? If so you can just swap the insert. However don't break the insert. It's easy to bend it (it's thin). And line it up nicely. Also the bezel may be beat up. So it might be in your best interest to change the whole thing. Usually if the inserts that beat up, so is the insert

Sent from the RWI mobile app

lethalspectre

19/5/16
Are we taking gen watch? If so you can just swap the insert. However don't break the insert. It's easy to bend it (it's thin). And line it up nicely. Also the bezel may be beat up. So it might be in your best interest to change the whole thing. Usually if the inserts that beat up, so is the insert

okay!
it is the gen from M2M.
Was thinking about refurbishing but don't want to hurt resale value if putting aftermarket parts in will do that

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
okay!
it is the gen from M2M.
Was thinking about refurbishing but don't want to hurt resale value if putting aftermarket parts in will do that

Just buy Gen parts. Find them used on eBay, here, WUS or timezone. Also new, on eBay and http://www.ofrei.com/page_146.html

You won't hurt the resale for the watch you picked up, as long as you put Omega parts on. Aftermarket ones may. I would not recommend it.. As a matter of fact, I have brand new hands and an insert. I am keeping them for when/if I go to sell mine. and great pick up. Congrats!

lethalspectre

19/5/16
Just buy Gen parts. Find them used on eBay, here, WUS or timezone. Also new, on eBay and http://www.ofrei.com/page_146.html

You won't hurt the resale for the watch you picked up, as long as you put Omega parts on. Aftermarket ones may. I would not recommend it.. As a matter of fact, I have brand new hands and an insert. I am keeping them for when/if I go to sell mine. and great pick up. Congrats!
thank you :)
any advice on touching up the red paint at end of second hand?
good idea/bad idea? In terms of resale value

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
You can add this one to the list :)
All Gen, except for movement and dial.
Currently hunting both, lol.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
That is looking really nice @domsdaddy123. Have you posted a built thread cause i cant seem to locate it?

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
You must have bought this on m2m, it didn't sell for months. Is that the one? Very cool. Get a 2892 and even relume the dial and you are there

Yes, I picked it up from the great member @ceoCorona..I believe its running 2892 as its sporting gen hands..case is gen too..its all gen except movement and dial..im really trying to genstein it with a gen movement and dial then it will be 100%..I love it! Hard to find these parts though, any advise where to look would be greatly appreciated. .