• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Bitcoin Thread

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I'm buggered if I know what to do with what I have in BTC nowadays, I'm going up and down 3k every few days ATM and since I've effectively quadrupled my investment my BTC account is now larger than my bank account (it's been a shit of a year for me as much as for anybody) so I'm at a loss to know WTF to do.

It's easy come easy go yes but right now it's my biggest nest egg. Who else is in the same boat?

Reactions: SHB and 4bro

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Hi mate,
The advice I am been told is to hang on until near the end of the summer, it seem we are in the 4th year which I am told is traditionally good for BTC. I am no expert, but this is what my advisor is saying.

Reactions: lytnin and rwacc

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Any new money worth to invest btw?

I guess it's too late for buy BTC for me (joined the train à bit too late).

Any tips is warm welcome.

lytnin

WTB ZF IWC Tourbillon Rose/White or Grey/Leather
22/1/19
Villa on the Hill
If you don’t need the cash, let it ride. I thought I was late to the game and it just keeps going up. I spread across some no name coin too, then convert into bitcoin.

Reactions: trailboss99 and SHB

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I missed the 64k High, I would have been very tempted to cash out at that as that would have been some 40K AUD on an investment of less than 10k.

If you don’t need the cash, let it ride.
No I don't need it but I'm not really in a position to lose the gain either which is why it's such a difficult decision to make. I wish I had the skill and nerve to day trade BTC; I was watching a live ticker a few days ago and my account was going up and down by several hundred over the space of an hour.

Reactions: lytnin and SHB

der_dieter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/20
If the turkey people are allowed to buy bitcoins again, it goes about 60k $ i hope

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Anyone with tips/experience in the money we should invest?

ETH is rising, BNC as well... complete noob here lol

4bro

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/1/21
Germany
SHB Haha not sure if :D

I always have to laugh about those guys who ask all the time is xrp etc. goin to the mooooon !?!?!?!

Wisdom: Just invest in things you understand ;)

Reactions: SHB

Bmtt88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/6/20
I've ridden the highs and very lows for the last 5 years... Firm believer that the limited supply will continue driving prices even higher in the long term I've learnt to not constantly watch it as the stress it induces is life shortening

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

physicx

Horology Curious
17/11/19
IMHO, I'm not sure if investing in BTC at this stage is worth it anymore. When it was around 3K or even 10K, it was a much more interesting buy/investment. If BTC goes to a 100K in the future, that's a 2.7x from here. Nowadays you have many other coins/tokens/projects that pull a 2x - 5x just like that.

But if you are holding ETH or BTC, don't look at the charts too much. Just hold, and try to DCA (Dollar Cost Average) if you want. If you're not a (day) trader, it's just best to buy some, and forget about it for a few months/quarters/years. *Not financial advice

Reactions: leo6929

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Did what you said, invested in ETH, and two altcoin (one is a popular shitcoin)

As we say... "to the mooooon"

lo_guru

2/5/21
Who can say for sure... It feels like it's gaining more and more traction at corporate level and even politically, so there's plenty of reasons to hold. But if you're really not in a position to lose the gains, I'd cash out. You've already won

lo_guru

2/5/21
IMHO, I'm not sure if investing in BTC at this stage is worth it anymore. When it was around 3K or even 10K, it was a much more interesting buy/investment. If BTC goes to a 100K in the future, that's a 2.7x from here. Nowadays you have many other coins/tokens/projects that pull a 2x - 5x just like that.

Depends on if you can afford to lose that money. Bitcoin definitely became more inert, like an index fund amidst stocks, but there's less risk of it falling off and never recovering. It's still possible for many other currencies

physicx

Horology Curious
17/11/19
Depends on if you can afford to lose that money. Bitcoin definitely became more inert, like an index fund amidst stocks, but there's less risk of it falling off and never recovering. It's still possible for many other currencies

I agree. BTC will be king for the foreseeable future, although I wouldn't be surprised if ETH would flip BTC at some point. Many opportunities to be had in the market. The only thing I'd really give advice on is: do NOT mess with leverage if you're not a seasoned trader.

Reactions: lo_guru

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
I agree. BTC will be king for the foreseeable future, although I wouldn't be surprised if ETH would flip BTC at some point. Many opportunities to be had in the market. The only thing I'd really give advice on is: do NOT mess with leverage if you're not a seasoned trader.
Seasoned trader... in Bitcoin? Haha.
Crypto is just pretend. It is for criminals and speculators. That is why Bitcoin took a huge hit when the government clawed back most of the Colonial Pipeline ransom payment.
43bbac76fb7a27cfaae97e20bf0f5918.jpg

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
Crypto is just pretend. It is for criminals and speculators. That is why Bitcoin took a huge hit when the government clawed back most of the Colonial Pipeline ransom payment.

Just have Elon’s Twitter on alert for stupid tweets and trade on that perception. lol

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
Elon working his magic again. I’ll need to send him a cheque for his commission at this point lol

physicx

Horology Curious
17/11/19

I'm not sure if it's just pretend. Although I am not sure whether it will ever be adopted in mainstream day-to-day usage. But in a world first, El Salvador makes bitcoin legal tender.

I don't think BTC/Crypto is just from criminals and speculators perse. Especially with some banks actually charing negative interest, crypto might be an interesting option for some who wouldn't like their money to 'waste away'.

Also, I don't think anyone needs to be a seasoned trader to be able to make some money with crypto or stocks. But I agree it's definitely it's very speculative and nothing is for certain.