• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brexit?

ziggycharly

17/6/17
Does anyone know if m2m sales between EU and UK will be hit with import fees and VAT now?

Simonix

7/3/20
UK
EU and UK both pay VAT, so shouldn’t matter.

Customs forms need to be filled out now, but anything under £350 I think is fine from something I read the other week.

De Kev

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
The UK and EU made agreements, just like they did with Norway and Switzerland. However these agreements don’t effect the shipments for private individuals.

So yes, for importing goods from the UK you have to pay duties and VAT. In the Netherlands it works like this. Declare a value lower than €22 then you won’t have to pay duties and VAT on import. From €22 until €150 no duties only VAT. Everything above duties and VAT

Mostly the problem is the intellectual property right that causes problems when importing, but with reps getting better that issue is also gone. The other problem is now paying duties and VAT over a few K since customs think it’s the real deal...

There is also an option to declare your product as a gift, for gifts no duties and VAT have to be paid on import. But also this value is limited to a certain amount.

ziggycharly

17/6/17
I usually ship insured so have to declare value. Would it be recommended to not do this anymore?