• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Smart watch dials

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Alrighty then. I know this isn't the Flame Free Zone, but hey, don't judge me :D but I went and bought myself a Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm. I wanted something to track my fitness activities and also to be able to make and receive calls on the fly when we're out and about, especially in emergency situations - I've taken to aggressive trail riding and had a couple of big 'offs' already.

I've got a decent chronograph dial on there at the moment, but I'm longing for something more. Something like this Waldhoff, which has moving tourbillon cage and barrel springs
https://www.facer.io/watchface/1QrFwo0CKx?watchModel=galaxywatch

I've read that Facer is crap though, not worth the premium money and it drains the shit out of the battery on the watch, so I don't want that one.

Now we all love a good copy, so I'm wondering if anyone has any decent dials on their smartwatch? What have you got, where did you get it? I'm thinking a Roger Dubuis Spider would look amazing on the Galaxy Watch. Are any of you guys tech enough to 'build' these kinds of dials?
excalibur-spider-tourbillon-volant-squelette.jpg
Roger%20Dubuis_Excalibur_RDDBEX0749_0.png

Added complication - the company provide me with an Apple phone. I don't have need for a personal one, or I'd of jumped to Samsung years ago - my wife has the S20 and its far better than my XR. I can maybe use her phone to load content to my watch, but anything that can give me customization from iOS would be amazing. Any thoughts?

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Buddy you can dowload a app called samsung Galaxy watch to your iPhone. Then you can controll your samsung watch from iPhone. I have the same. Not as good as a samsung phone but its okey

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Buddy you can dowload a app called samsung Galaxy watch to your iPhone. Then you can controll your samsung watch from iPhone.

Yeah man, I have that. It works okay, but you can only search for dials in the App Store. Some of the watch face apps such as watchmaker are android only apps, and the ones you can get on iPhone either only allow you to make Apple Watch dials or won’t push content from your phone to your watch

Reactions: Tompa

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Man, I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 2, older model, it's what got me into reps and I manually build around 60 luxury watch dial for it, hit me up in PM to discuss it further ;)