• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2 Chloé Bags got seized by Austrian Customs | Go for Chloe Lawyer Objection?

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Hi all,

I know this is off-topic (hence the section) but since I am a true fan of RWI and its community and really feel that my bag shopping experience for my wife got really sideways (had to read on repladies but I cant get warm with that community...)

after a intensive research I in the end decided for the 2 Chloé to order from TS Aaron on repladies since their Pepper factory photos where the most accurate vs. Marble and even JLH.

Communication was good and QC even after RL one bag could be exchanged for an aligned logo one.

Shipment was done fast on 27.07 and it arrived in Austria on 03.08.

Yesterday I got a letter from the custom office, that they seized the package due to believes of product piracy and I can choose to let the items be destroyed or raise an objection.

I called customs today and the person that inspected my package said, that EMS shippment in combination with handbags in the value of USD 26 threw him off and when he opened it he found Chloé products and he knew that this couldnt cost 26 USD so he seized it and contacted the chloe lawyers.

He admitted that the products look very real to him but 26 usd coming from china just couldnt be.

I am now quite angry because TS Aaron when I ask him/her beforehand told me to send via DHL and write "gift" on the shipment.

From my former experience I know that if it gets caught up in customs they ask me for a receipt or payment info - I send it to them and they charge me but I get the products.

What should I do now? It was supposed to be a birthday gift for my wife and I really did now months of research what bags would fit her style and then I did research where to get a quality replica that is up to my standards in comparision to the auth. now I have this dilemma at customs and it could have been avoided.

Should I go now for objecting that I bought the product from a private person in china in the believe they are correct and that I paid a considerable amount for it -> this would be forwarded to the Chloé lawyers and they decide if the product can be real and if they let it pass or if they are against it and I could face further charges?

Anyhow I am currently quite disappointed of Aaron because I try to clarify the means of shipping, the details on the package and if his said to be used methods worked in the recent past for Austria without problem. all of them were answered positively (DHL, gift & yes no problem) - well now in reality I have the complete opposite (EMS, very low value 26 usd, seized by customs).

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Firstly, you can drop the pretense that the bags are for your 'wife'.

50 years ago we only had 2 genders, now we have several dozen and they're all perfectly entitled to carry hand bags if they so wish.

If you object to the destruction of the bags then the bags will remain with Customs, they will be authenticated by an expert/representative of the brand (not the lawyers, they don't know shit about individual brands) and if they are found to be fake then you run the risk of facing court action by the brand owners if they are so inclined. This whole process could take several months, depending on how busy everybody is.

Your handbags were seized as fakes, there's not a lot you can do.

Reactions: Tucker

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Thanks for being that open minded, helps in desperate times that we are living in!

Also thank you for your comment on the topic.

It is so strange for me to see my package being seized and 400€ being lost.

.. I dont know, feels weird after years of stressless rep watch buying having that bad first bag experience.

The TS did not chose the shipping we agreed on thats what angers me quite a lot because I would have changed it if he was honest. No one had problems yet except me, that doesnt feel good.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Even as a gift, you have to state a Dollar value. Besides, another declaration won't change the risk of getting caught in customs. Everyone tries that...

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
True that. Choosing EMS over DHL for Austria however was not correct. Especially as we agreed on DHL upfront.

Troklo

23/12/15
Austria has really tough customs. Why didn't you do triangle shipping?

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
He did not offer that at all (the rep bag world is a little different than watches it seems to me).. TD here always have the option for triangle or as with my last purchase from PT they offered EU direct (still a little bit more than normal but worked fine!).