• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reef Tiger watches - WTF?!?!

northernsoul27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/19
Scrolling through A**express, I happened to come across a number of watches from a brand called Reef Tiger...and their company website is hilarious! Apparently, they are a Swiss company, that date back hundreds of years (to AD1898!!). I quote: "The history of Reef Tiger actually can date back to the times of hundreds years ago, with its very first beginning of foundation, this brand was deeply sought after by the folks because of its superb craftsmanship and outstanding design as well as the accessible price. AD 1898, of the time only either royalties or people with certain status have the right to occupy wristwatches, talented designer Stephane Reef from Geneva and his lifetime friend the British nobility Leandro Tiger hold on the mutual dream of popularizing the wristwatch to average person, on base of their passion and obsession to watchmaking"

Since when have British nobility had surnames like Tiger?!

Also, I found this hilarious thread on another forum...they managed to find watches that, on the caseback, had been engraved with REFF TICEER. Hilarious!!

https://www.reeftiger.com/reef-tiger-history

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/reef-tiger-swiss-designer-watches-say-what-1409122.html

Nivenj

15/6/14
UK
They are way overpriced, but not the worst quality in the world. They use sea-gull movements and acceptable build quality..but they just charge way WAY too much for them. If you can pick one up for around a quarter of the Retail price, they can be worth it. I put them in the same bracket as Invicta etc.

northernsoul27

5/8/19
Yeah, I thought so too...for the price they look more than adequate, especially if people aren't particularly into watches, and just want something to wear everyday. The issue is more about the outrageous lies...that a man called Mr. Reef met another man called Mr. Tiger in 1898, and set up a Swiss watch company...come on!! At least be honest, and say that they are a new company that manufacture well-made Chinese watches at a very reasonable price. Don't start trying to trick people with absolute rubbish, pretending to be Swiss, and saying that are rivals of Rolex. Very disingenuous!!

northernsoul27

5/8/19
I also have to admit that I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that they mis-spelt their own company name on the engraving on the back of their watches!

Last edited: