• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI and RWG

Nivenj

15/6/14
UK
Ive been in the rep collection world for about 6 years. 6 Years on here and 4 over on RWG. I sort of gave up on RWG a few years ago, as I found some of the members on there to be really rude to members, sometimes down right nasty, and it seemed to be tolerated to some extent especially as there seemed to be a clique of persistent offenders being protected by the mods. I stayed away because of this reason. Just recently went back there and bought a few m2m watches (seems to have more UK sellers there for some reason), and was surprised (pleasantly) to see some of the same members from here over there (and mods).

Ive always found the members on RWI to be much more amenable, fair and sociable. However it seems there is still an element over on RWG being the same aholes they were when I decided to stop being part of that forum way back when (and still being protected it seems).

So my question to you all is, is this just me being super sensitive or is there an element over there thats tolerated more than it is here (and maybe thats why there are 2 forums).

Just wondering what other peoples experiences are, and interested if you are a member of both, which do you prefer and why?

Not looking to start a war here, just some sensible discussion.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
I have been on RWG for 14 years, never had any issues to be honest, RWI has also been really great, but for some reason I don’t like Repgeek, don’t know why, just a feeling. But like anywhere, you will always find idiots, but on here and RWG, all has been good. I never also had an issue with buyers or sellers, mind you I only deal with people who have been on the forums for a while. Thanks for the teams on both sites for making the forums happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nivenj

15/6/14
UK
I agree with you about RG. Honestly...i think its the forum style/layout, ads everywhere ( i thought becoming a vip would remove them but doesnt seem to make and difference)

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
I agree with you about RG. Honestly...i think its the forum style/layout, ads everywhere ( i thought becoming a vip would remove them but doesnt seem to make and difference)

Try an AdBlock Plus. You have to whitelist RWI but not RG.

Reactions: Nivenj

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
RWG (RWG1.1, that is) feels like a (UK) local country pub to me - whereby you walk in, chat with some friendly people, have some 'robust' banter at times, have a good laugh about things, put the world to rights. Do non-locals get a slightly frosty reception if they don't 'take the temperature of the room' before chipping in? Maybe, but I don't believe there is any malice behind any mickey-taking or banter.

RWI feels more like an international business conference of people coming together to learn the details of reps - people are more polite and civil, with information being presented in a more easily-found format, but the demanding weirdos are given as little time as they would be in real life.

Everyone is different. No reason why we have to like one place over another. That's why RWG.cc, RWG1.1, RWI and RG all exist together - they serve different markets / personalities.

Last edited:
Reactions: p0pperini