• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Smartwatch

chiefcptluxe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
Hey there

What smartwatch u guys use for sports?
do u use smartwatches also?

when yes which?
wear os or apple?

i use a suunto 7 with wear os for skimo and running.

chiefcptluxe

28/5/18
Aluminum case, 40mm. Nice and light.....I don't like a heavy, big watch when exercising. Step count and stuff is nice and accurate. Plus the ECG feature is kinda cool.

Ok nice???? i also like a light watch for doing sport

Zbonk

4/11/16
Sweden
I would say that if you are an Apple user you should definitely go with the latest Apple Watch 5 and if you're an Android user I think the best one is Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2, it's pretty close to the Apple Watch but the Apple Watch still takes the number 1 spot!

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
I would say that if you are an Apple user you should definitely go with the latest Apple Watch 5 and if you're an Android user I think the best one is Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2, it's pretty close to the Apple Watch but the Apple Watch still takes the number 1 spot!

I'd prefer the Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm

d.n.d.

24/3/19
You cannot go wrong with an apple watch, it is great for everyday use. When I was doing research on a fitness band I read consistently positive reviews for the apple watch. Unfortunately you are paying a premium for it.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I have a Polar Vantage M for outdoor actrivities i.e. hiking, MTB & SUP...

Ben_Stokes

14/4/20
I got a Samsung but the HR monitor is totally innaccurate, as soon as you sweat it doesnt give a reading

The Apple watch overall is a lot better for a smartwatch, esp for the HR & apps but try to get series 5 and not pay retail for it. I would consider a Casio watch too, for $50 you can get a proper sportswatch with world time, thermometer, compass etc.

AND I have to add its pretty annoying having to charge the Apple watch EVERY night. And when the battery detoriates it may not last a day

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I had a couple fitbits that worked really well for me but My reps weren’t getting the wrist time they deserved.

I switched to a motiv ring which isn’t nearly as good but I get to wear my reps every day all day so the trade off was worth it. I don’t miss wearing plastic on my wrist.

Getting texts on my wrist at first was great but soon became too much, I’ve enjoyed going backwards in tech to having my phone in my pocket on silent.