• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Could TD's get masks?

Quick_Build

Known Member
25/4/17
Not sure if this has been asked, but with the severe shortage of face masks & N95 masks, would TD's in China be able to source them and get them shipped out? Or is there just as much a shortage there as everywhere else in the world?

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
medical good are being stopped and seized between some countries due to them wanting all supplies to remain in their country to help their peoples, read a couple of articles about large shipments being seized, but you may be fine with small amounts.

you will pat import tax on them and pay well over list price.

besides unless you are in a high risk area then masks dont make much sense, masks are normally used by infected to stop the spread of fluids etc. i would just keep your distance from other people and wash you hands often especially wash when entering your home, before touching your face or any surface in your home. just be sensible and careful and you shouldn't need a mask.

Reactions: DaleM

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Mask? Are you ill and going out and about? With this thing I would not go places if ill, unless absolutely necessary.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
I tried ordering a few from Taobao around mid January, but the seller never shipped. I only got a reply a few days ago stating they were out of stock and will start production next month.

jackbrabham

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
6/10/18
For the price you'd pay you'd be better off getting a proper organic or chemical respirator from a home improvement store.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
that will seriously scare some people!

to be honest i think it doesn't really matter if you see 40 people with N95 masks grocery shopping or a few with some advanced stuff hehe

People are freaked out these days anyway... but i get your your point of course ;)

jackbrabham

Supporter
6/10/18
that will seriously scare some people!

Time to practice smiling with your eyes!

I picked up one at my local place, seemed the only type that wasn't sold out. Plus, you'll always have something on hand incase you decide to spray paint your house or spray for pests during quarantine!

ower

3/8/12
I got some FFP2 masks for my team as I work in hospital environment, got around hundred left, if anyone would be interested, let me know. I know it's crazy to get to these in some countries now, situation got fortunately better for us. I think due to restrictions I can ship only within EU. Good luck to all! Stay safe!

mrtimeshift

17/8/15
The mask situation is crazy in the moment. A friend of mine saw a business opportunity and imported a whole container in January. It got seized at the port of Hamburg. He sees it as social action :D

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Replica watch dealers selling FFP3 masks... I don't know about that. Buy a watch, get 3 masks free. 50 masks for $40, 2 box limit. One has to consider, could these be rep FFP3 masks ? They have official papers for authenticity, ok so maybe they are the genuine article. Then again, where have we seen replica papers before ?

Maybe, Noob V1 as the rep factories begin a whole new era.

Joking aside, I think it's a good thing they are doing. It's thoughtful humanitarian aid. At least this is what I'm hoping.

Last edited:
Reactions: balance27

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Puretime is selling some FFP3 masks. Wonder if they are legit because there're a lot of masks that are not up to standard. Some countries' government even ordered some from China and they got hosed.

https://puretimewatch.io/surgical-f...ox-please-read-information-before-buying.html

I got this email from PT too. Who would have thought that we would EVER see the phrase - buy 1 watch get 3 masks included?!??

The world is in a sad state. We can only all do our part as best we can and above all wish/pray for this to end sooner than later.

Stay safe guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DD60 and Champsy

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Puretime is selling some FFP3 masks. Wonder if they are legit because there're a lot of masks that are not up to standard. Some countries' government even ordered some from China and they got hosed.

https://puretimewatch.io/surgical-f...ox-please-read-information-before-buying.html

Haha yes Sweden did exactly that, bought alot of masks from china and when they recived them and inspected them they find it was cheap knockoffs, not up to standard.

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
The mask situation is crazy in the moment. A friend of mine saw a business opportunity and imported a whole container in January. It got seized at the port of Hamburg. He sees it as social action :D

I'm surprised it got seized. On January 31st Germany had 7 Corona cases in Bavaria, so the German authorities didn't really care back then. They only realized the need for masks in March, when it was literally months too late already...

wolfwood

4/2/11
If they were real FFP3 masks then $40 for 50 including EMS shipping is not a bad price. When I asked them whether they trust the supplier, they just said to real the certificate carefully before purchase. And if I want quality masks, then I should buy them from the store. In Hong Kong, there are a lot of fake masks. They did a test and found that even masks from some legit manufacturers don't measure up to the advertised quality.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Since the wearing of masks primarily serves to help prevent the wearer from spreading the virus to others, but they won't prevent the wearer from getting the virus... why not just stick to home made masks or scarves.
I can't see the real value in spending the money on these masks. Real or fake. Especially since the quality of either is questionable.

I think the real focus from these mask sellers is to make a buck and not so much for health and safety concerns.

Last edited:

Quick_Build

Known Member
25/4/17
Just wanted to update that a TD was able to help me out. I'll leave it up to them to offer assistance here, it's probably not my place to put their name out there as a source.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I don't know if this has been mentioned but shipping is very slow. I have a watch that has been approved since March 26th thay still hasn't left the country. So even if they could and if they shipped them, no guarantee you'd get them with any sort of speed.

But also, China is supposedly opening every out going package looking for exactly things like masks and other medical supplies.

Also, food for thought, I ordered surgical masks off dh gate March 30th. Supposedly dhl and those haven't arrived either.

But in my opinion. Dh gate might be your best bet, also just mailed China post so customs doesn't go through the package. At least you'll get it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk