• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is life like where you live (COVID -19 around the World)

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
I don't want to start an uprising against the Mods we need them and they are there for our benefit. Besides all this is off topic...speaking of which, in the UK things are quiet still but I have to worry what happens after two weeks? Where does the virus go? It doesn't does disappear up it own ass I have a dread that this will be with us for a fair while taking its toll on our loved ones. I have an uncle in NYC who is currently battling it and these are tense times. Every time I go to the shops we see social distancing but I can't help but wonder how effective it really is?

Reactions: irishjohn

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
I don't want to start an uprising against the Mods we need them and they are there for our benefit. Besides all this is off topic...speaking of which, in the UK things are quiet still but I have to worry what happens after two weeks? Where does the virus go? It doesn't does disappear up it own ass I have a dread that this will be with us for a fair while taking its toll on our loved ones. I have an uncle in NYC who is currently battling it and these are tense times. Every time I go to the shops we see social distancing but I can't help but wonder how effective it really is?

Already had a family friend die of COVID-19 last week. First death from it in Nebraska. So this is a trying time. Let's be here for each other. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circarama

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
sorry to hear that man. These are tense times. But I'm glad to see at least people are taking it seriously now. I think no one wanted to comprehend the enormity of this thing and all the governments in the West were rabbits caught in the headlight of death.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
as tons of this shit is being sent back to the wonderful communist country as it is substandard thats a hard no from me.

Substandard PPE? Or defective test kits? I know hundreds of thousands of test kits made by Chinese companies were found to be inaccurate after being sold to Spain, Malaysia, Czech Republic, etc. But China has been a large supplier of PPE used worldwide for quite some time. I wouldn't buy anything from "Chen's Dim Sum Palace & Surgical Masks", but if it's an established company that can provide references from respected hospitals & universities, I wouldn't see a problem.

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Substandard PPE? Or defective test kits? I know hundreds of thousands of test kits made by Chinese companies were found to be inaccurate after being sold to Spain, Malaysia, Czech Republic, etc. But China has been a large supplier of PPE used worldwide for quite some time. I wouldn't buy anything from "Chen's Dim Sum Palace & Surgical Masks", but if it's an established company that can provide references from respected hospitals & universities, I wouldn't see a problem.

From the NYT:

New regulations could make it even harder for hospitals and clinics outside of China to obtain scarce N95 respirators and other personal protection equipment.

China, the world’s dominant producer of such equipment, imposed export rules effective on Wednesday. The goal is to improve quality controls for its exports of medical supplies, after European governments complained of substandard masks and unreliable test kits from China.

Under the new rules, which also cover exports of much-needed ventilators, companies will only be allowed to export after proving to Chinese authorities that their products meet Chinese regulatory standards that are equivalent to overseas standards.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
From the NYT:

New regulations could make it even harder for hospitals and clinics outside of China to obtain scarce N95 respirators and other personal protection equipment.

China, the world’s dominant producer of such equipment, imposed export rules effective on Wednesday. The goal is to improve quality controls for its exports of medical supplies, after European governments complained of substandard masks and unreliable test kits from China.

Under the new rules, which also cover exports of much-needed ventilators, companies will only be allowed to export after proving to Chinese authorities that their products meet Chinese regulatory standards that are equivalent to overseas standards.

Why is NYT complaining about "making it harder"? Do they want the market flooded with defective PPE and test kits? :(

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
We tolerate defective, or rather appreciate reps from China. Of course, if our lives depended on the equipment, then each has to make his/her own choice.

Aventador S

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/5/19
Local to Houston Texas my neighborhood grocery store is well stocked and last outing I was able to get a couple packages of TP off the shelf. It is nice that the stores are cleaning the push cart handles and folks are honoring the distancing practices. They have set up different entrances & exits to reduce cross flow foot traffic. There are more masks of some type being worn the past couple days. I have my fingers crossed that there is soon a trend showing a flattening the infection curve which should then lead to improving conditions. Lord knows the market needs some positive influencers to stabilize.
Like most places the retail is shuttered, take away food and can now take away drinks - scratch my head on take away drinks with the drunk driving issues. Guess the rules lighten up so those places can make a few more bucks and keep the bartenders employed.
I bet Amazon will show a bounce up. I've done a bit more online buying.
Glad spring has sprung here since I get to fuss about the yard / garden and get some outdoor time.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Stay safe, everyone! It's very scary, but the good news is the world seems ready to embrace more precautions towards pandemics. That's a good thing, even if staying at home isn't your jam. Personally for me, the biggest challenge is dating, but thansfully there are some great dating sites out there

What the fuck did i just witness

warchman29

Horology Curious
16/8/16
Upstate NY has been in lockdown mode for months. Phase 4 opening currently but most folks i know are still taking precautions; stocking up on supplies and bracing for what the return to school and fall will bring

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
I live in small town in eastern Kentucky. Very few people here have gotten the virus. When cases arise in the public they send the kids home from school. My mother is a school teacher, so that’s why I know how that goes.
The hospital has some cases now and then but overall we haven’t been hit with the virus hard.
The closest neighboring city in the other hand has their hospitals full with COVID patients and it’s a only about 30 miles away. I’m honestly surprised that the pandemic still hasn’t gotten to where I live, but I’m not gonna complain. The people that do get it are isolated quickly, so we haven’t had any outbreaks.

Now the downside to not having many cases in the community is that people have become lax. People are lazy and rebellious here anyway. No masks, no social distancing. Some people do but the majority don’t wanna follow the rules. When the virus gets here people are not gonna be prepared because they haven’t been following protocol. Anyway enough of my rant. That’s how it is in eastern Kentucky.

vikivikv23

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/11/20
Badonline

Last edited by a moderator:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Lol, it's the same spammer!!! The mysterious link embedder!!! Sneaky monkey!

Reactions: Raddave

Babula

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/19
I live in small town in eastern Kentucky. Very few people here have gotten the virus. When cases arise in the public they send the kids home from school. My mother is a school teacher, so that’s why I know how that goes.
The hospital has some cases now and then but overall we haven’t been hit with the virus hard.
The closest neighboring city in the other hand has their hospitals full with COVID patients and it’s a only about 30 miles away. I’m honestly surprised that the pandemic still hasn’t gotten to where I live, but I’m not gonna complain. The people that do get it are isolated quickly, so we haven’t had any outbreaks.

Now the downside to not having many cases in the community is that people have become lax. People are lazy and rebellious here anyway. No masks, no social distancing. Some people do but the majority don’t wanna follow the rules. When the virus gets here people are not gonna be prepared because they haven’t been following protocol. Anyway enough of my rant. That’s how it is in eastern Kentucky.
Tbh its about the same in rest of the world. People getting rebelious and luckily we shoud have vaccine soon and lets hoop things will go back to normal fast

Poslano sa mog SM-N986B koristeći Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

you know, it is funny...
Not haha funny, but strange funny

I live in a suburb of Minneapolis MN, so basically in a populated suburb like many in America do. Here, it seems as though just about everything is totally opposite of what you describe.

- You start out with here "Very few people have gotten the Virus", just the opposite here. It seems everywhere I turn someone has it. Lots of kids at school are getting it, I have 4 kids and 3 are either in College or newly out of college and they have all either had it or their room mates either have it right now or have had it. My kid that is still in High School is talking about how it seems as though everyone has it. She was the Captain of her HS soccer team and they had a season in the fall without an incident, but one of her best friends on the Hockey Team has it right now and something like 1/2 of the team has it now. I have a boy that is a JR on a D1 Scolarship for Soccer and he just got off Quarantine, but many, many kids on the team either have it right now or have already had it.
- Next you say that Hospitals don't have many cases there. It was that way at one point here, but now they are saying our hospitals are basically at 100% capacity and a high % of those in the hospital are there for COVID19
- You say people are lax. Once again, just the opposite here. It seems as though everyone is very aware and I have not seen anyone inside any public buildings in months without a mask. other than in restaurants where you are allowed to remove the masks to eat.

My point is that even though it seems like we are doing everything the experts are telling us to do, it isn't doing much good. It seems to me that COVID is going to do what COVID is going to do and there is little they can do short of "TOTAL LOCKDOWN" or a Vaccine which will solve anything. It seems to me that we, here in America, do not have the appetite for a total lockdown so the only thing left is getting a Vaccine and having the population Vaccinated. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later so we can all get back to life.

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
you know, it is funny...
Not haha funny, but strange funny

I live in a suburb of Minneapolis MN, so basically in a populated suburb like many in America do. Here, it seems as though just about everything is totally opposite of what you describe.

- You start out with here "Very few people have gotten the Virus", just the opposite here. It seems everywhere I turn someone has it. Lots of kids at school are getting it, I have 4 kids and 3 are either in College or newly out of college and they have all either had it or their room mates either have it right now or have had it. My kid that is still in High School is talking about how it seems as though everyone has it. She was the Captain of her HS soccer team and they had a season in the fall without an incident, but one of her best friends on the Hockey Team has it right now and something like 1/2 of the team has it now. I have a boy that is a JR on a D1 Scolarship for Soccer and he just got off Quarantine, but many, many kids on the team either have it right now or have already had it.
- Next you say that Hospitals don't have many cases there. It was that way at one point here, but now they are saying our hospitals are basically at 100% capacity and a high % of those in the hospital are there for COVID19
- You say people are lax. Once again, just the opposite here. It seems as though everyone is very aware and I have not seen anyone inside any public buildings in months without a mask. other than in restaurants where you are allowed to remove the masks to eat.

My point is that even though it seems like we are doing everything the experts are telling us to do, it isn't doing much good. It seems to me that COVID is going to do what COVID is going to do and there is little they can do short of "TOTAL LOCKDOWN" or a Vaccine which will solve anything. It seems to me that we, here in America, do not have the appetite for a total lockdown so the only thing left is getting a Vaccine and having the population Vaccinated. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later so we can all get back to life.

Thanks for the detailed reply. In the last few weeks things have started to change. Cases are finally starting to emerge in the community. My mother is now teaching form home. I think it is just slower getting here imo. Once it starts to circulate in the community we may have similar circumstances to the ones you are describing.
I agree with your thoughts that COVID is gonna do what COVID is gonna do. I feel following the guidelines will help, but in the end it’s gonna circulate where ever there are people.

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

jjuliajul11

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/11/20
I don`t know how other people but in the beginning I had a strong panic. I was afraid to go to the store or just go for a walk. On LINK REMOVED I read a lot about the coronavirus and about vitamin complexes to maintain good health. I`m currently taking a complex consisting of vitamin B, D, C, iodine, omega 3 and iron. Now everything is fine, I have a new job and go to the gym. I also had a new hobby - drawing.

Last edited by a moderator: