• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is life like where you live (COVID -19 around the World)

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Here in Seattle, WA, USA we've been sheltering in place for about 2-weeks now (the large tech companies sent all employees home about 4-weeks ago +/-). So for the past month it's been a ghost town. The urban centers are quiet, shops closed, and traffic non-existent. When I do need to drive somewhere it's fantastic! Grocery stores are really the only places where people are in any kind of numbers. Still, amongst all of this, I'd estimate 10% of people wear masks.
But in my neighborhood, it's kind of business as usual. Families are seen out taking walks, kids playing in the parks, lots of runners now, and LOTS & LOTS of dog walking. I suppose the difference is all these people out and about are alone. They're not getting together or gathering at all.
I have no sense of the urgency of this within our hospitals - only what I read in the news.
Oh, very interesting fact: I've gotten to know a few watch factories in China for some watch related business I've been working on. They've reached out to me interested in selling PPE. It's Chinese testing standards like KN95 instead of US N95 - but it means the same thing. I reached out to all the local newspapers, hospitals, and government agencies about 1-2 weeks ago saying I could help them get tens of thousands of pieces PPE within days - using whatever contact information I could find. The only response I got was something about where to drop off donations. It was kind of surprising to get that kind of response when everyday there is an article or press release saying there's no PPE supply. Anyways, if you want a contact in China to source PPE feel free to DM me.

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
Well, besides my last message I must say I've never done so much work in and around the house before it was April.

Today I changed the oil of my motorbike myself. I live in the countryside and we're allowed to go for a walk with family members so I've had some time to see how beautiful spring is around here. Never had - or took- time to do so before. So it's boring but it also has (a very little) upside in Germany.

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
It's Chinese testing standards like KN95 instead of US N95 - but it means the same thing. I reached out to all the local newspapers, hospitals, and government agencies about 1-2 weeks ago saying I could help them get tens of thousands of pieces PPE within days - using whatever contact information I could find. The only response I got was something about where to drop off donations. It was kind of surprising to get that kind of response when everyday there is an article or press release saying there's no PPE supply. Anyways, if you want a contact in China to source PPE feel free to DM me.

as tons of this shit is being sent back to the wonderful communist country as it is substandard thats a hard no from me.

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
as tons of this shit is being sent back to the wonderful communist country as it is substandard thats a hard no from me.

I haven’t read those articles. Do share.

Out of curiosity, if it’s worse then bringing a scarf to work or hand sewing a mask, it basically must come preinfected with COVID-19 cause I’m not sure how you could be worse then completely untested, makeshift, homemade PPE.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I am in Russia, in St. Petersburg. Since the weekend, they introduced a self-isolation regime, bars, restaurants and, in general, everything that is not related to trade / production of essential goods and courier delivery services are closed. Everything is in the stores, but they introduced sanitation standards during the day and marked the checkout area to maintain the necessary distance in the queue at the checkout. The city is quieter and calmer. But this is only the beginning. See what happens next ...

Reactions: irishjohn

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
I am in Russia, in St. Petersburg. Since the weekend, they introduced a self-isolation regime, bars, restaurants and, in general, everything that is not related to trade / production of essential goods and courier delivery services are closed. Everything is in the stores, but they introduced sanitation standards during the day and marked the checkout area to maintain the necessary distance in the queue at the checkout. The city is quieter and calmer. But this is only the beginning. See what happens next ...

Your boy Putin did the right thing in the beginning while we in the west dragged our heels because of our pathetic politically correct governments.

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
I haven’t read those articles. Do share.

Out of curiosity, if it’s worse then bringing a scarf to work or hand sewing a mask, it basically must come preinfected with COVID-19 cause I’m not sure how you could be worse then completely untested, makeshift, homemade PPE.

take your CCP propaganda and do one,

https://www.ft.com/content/f3435779-a706-45c7-a7e2-43efbdd7777b

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52092395

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-01/coronavirus-chinese-ppe-border-force-intercepted/12085908

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...fter-discovering-they-were-faulty/ar-BB11RwEr

this country can never be trusted again.

Reactions: hanski

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13

Read that and that pretty much could have been about anything including watches!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: irishjohn

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18

Thanks. It'll interesting to see if these governments also put fashion, car, and other companies thru the same rigor of review. When you read this:

"Allegations of defective equipment come after critics warned China could be using the coronavirus outbreak to further its influence."

Then combine it with the outright racism and anti-China sentiment it's hard to not take allegations of Chinese made PPE performing poorly with some level of skepticism. I'm sure there are factories making subpar products or products without a license. Funny thing is, that's happening right now in the US. We've loosened the regulations for producing testing and PPE. All sorts of industries are attempting to make things.

If Ford fails to produce 100% working ventilators, should we assume all products made in the US are faulty? Given their track record with "reliable" cars...

Anyways, thanks again for the links to these articles.

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Thanks. It'll interesting to see if these governments also put fashion, car, and other companies thru the same rigor of review. When you read this:

"Allegations of defective equipment come after critics warned China could be using the coronavirus outbreak to further its influence."

Then combine it with the outright racism and anti-China sentiment it's hard to not take allegations of Chinese made PPE performing poorly with some level of skepticism. I'm sure there are factories making subpar products or products without a license. Funny thing is, that's happening right now in the US. We've loosened the regulations for producing testing and PPE. All sorts of industries are attempting to make things.

If Ford fails to produce 100% working ventilators, should we assume all products made in the US are faulty? Given their track record with "reliable" cars...

Anyways, thanks again for the links to these articles.

racism? you are obviously a delusional leftists...you realize the Chinese communist party are racial supremacists?

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
racism? you are obviously a delusional leftists...you realize the Chinese communist party are racial supremacists?

Tone it down, yes you, or you are going to get a time out.

Reactions: thorne

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Please refrain from pushing my buttons or you too may have a time out. This thread is a good idea, but politics and attacks on members will not be tolerated.

not pushing buttons - you are too sensitive chill mate. I agree attack on members is bad, but I was hoping to show that a heavy handed approach is not always the best approach. Do as you feel best but I am only trying to show IrishJohn in a less confrontational way that he may wish to rethink the way he posts. You may wish view me as pushing your buttons - hope you can see where I am going? If not then such is life

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Are comment about the Chinese communists party out of bounds? Just want to know where the line is.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Are comment about the Chinese communists party out of bounds? Just want to know where the line is.

At this point it is moot. Move along and back to the spirit of the thread thank you.