• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Something fishy about some new members.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
I totally agree with OP,
Unfortunately this was the main reason I started backing off a bit from the forums,too many noobs that either wanted to show off their frankens (like if you become elite if you own an expensive franken) or wanted all the attention from everyone,and when they got criticized they became offensive like spoil brats..

I'm glad it's not just me noticing this, but sad if this is our future. Some of the noob's REALLY can't take what they perceive to be criticism, but really is simply constructive useful information. And, they won't back down! They literally respond to each and every post back to them in a sarcastic manner. Very entitled!

alfonzo

25/7/19
I am a fairly new member and I got a little frustrated today as well which is out of character for me. I do indeed see this entitlement of some and it is pretty easy to tell the millennial's. I too have been around special interest forums for decades and it is sad that joy of the act of discovery is lost on the noobs. To contribute is as valuable as consuming. It is like the information version of content leeching.

Honest interaction and curiosity is a dying idea I guess...

ETA: word delete

Last edited:
Reactions: Warrcraft

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
I'm glad it's not just me noticing this, but sad if this is our future. Some of the noob's REALLY can't take what they perceive to be criticism, but really is simply constructive useful information. And, they won't back down! They literally respond to each and every post back to them in a sarcastic manner. Very entitled!

it was always there but they were fewer than now.
My solution is : i dont give a flyinf f*** about them,i m always here to help anyone who needs help,but when i see shit like this,tagging a moderator and enjoying the ban is enough

Reactions: Warrcraft

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
It was always there but they were fewer than now. My solution is : I don't give a flyinf f*** about them, I m always here to help anyone who needs help,but when I see shit like this,tagging a moderator and enjoying the ban is enough
I'm going to adopt that exact attitude on both counts.

Hoosier Watch Guy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/20
Forums used to be a great place to get info - on many different subjects - because they were set up and run by enthusiasts, and the people who posted were enthusiasts too. So you had conversations, discussions, tutorials etc, and many of the people who posted had great knowledge.
Forums now are no longer the same, there are too many people who have no interest in contributing - they join, ask where can I buy the best watch/car/hifi/fishing rod/phone/fake sneakers/TV/headphones etc then disappear.
These are people who've grown up on the internet, who want and expect immediate answers to their questions - dare to disagree with them, or even contradict them - and they'll accuse you of being toxic, of harassing them.
They've been conditioned by Amazon - they are always right, and everything must happen immediately.

+1

Reactions: tkingjr