Something fishy about some new members.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Str1xt View Post

There was an advert on tv as I just read your statement. It was for an app called Blinkist. Basically If you cannot be bothered to read a book fully, this app gives you the cliff notes and shazzam you have read a book in 15 minutes. It says " for people who haven't got time to read"........ says it all really
    You would think they would have time living in Mom's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by tkingjr View Post

You would think they would have time living in Mom's basement.
      True! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by tripdog View Post
        They've been conditioned by Amazon - they are always right, and everything must happen immediately.
        True. It's like they want the TDs have an amazon prime delivery and they just expect the other members to answer their questions like a 5 star review system on amazon.

Comment

I totally agree with OP,
          unfortunately this was the main reason i started backing off a bit from the forums,too many noobs that either wanted to show off their frankens (like if you become elite if you own an expensive franken) or wanted all the attention from everyone,and when they got criticized they became offensive like spoil brats..
          gReEk G0dDeSs

Comment

Could someone just quickly tell me what everyone here thinks about this, so I don't have to read all these words.

Comment

Originally posted by ts0ts0s View Post
              I totally agree with OP,
              Unfortunately this was the main reason I started backing off a bit from the forums,too many noobs that either wanted to show off their frankens (like if you become elite if you own an expensive franken) or wanted all the attention from everyone,and when they got criticized they became offensive like spoil brats..
              I'm glad it's not just me noticing this, but sad if this is our future. Some of the noob's REALLY can't take what they perceive to be criticism, but really is simply constructive useful information. And, they won't back down! They literally respond to each and every post back to them in a sarcastic manner. Very entitled!

Comment

Originally posted by n0bby View Post
                Could someone just quickly tell me what everyone here thinks about this, so I don't have to read all these words.
                Your post is too long to read, shorten please! Lol
                Last edited by Warrcraft; 07-01-20, 19:36.

Comment

TLDR

Comment

Originally posted by gigi77 View Post
                    TLDR
                    TKS

Comment

I am a fairly new member and I got a little frustrated today as well which is out of character for me. I do indeed see this entitlement of some and it is pretty easy to tell the millennial's. I too have been around special interest forums for decades and it is sad that joy of the act of discovery is lost on the noobs. To contribute is as valuable as consuming. It is like the information version of content leeching.

Honest interaction and curiosity is a dying idea I guess...

ETA: word delete
                      Last edited by alfonzo; 07-01-20, 21:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrcraft View Post

I'm glad it's not just me noticing this, but sad if this is our future. Some of the noob's REALLY can't take what they perceive to be criticism, but really is simply constructive useful information. And, they won't back down! They literally respond to each and every post back to them in a sarcastic manner. Very entitled!
                        it was always there but they were fewer than now.
                        My solution is : i dont give a flyinf f*** about them,i m always here to help anyone who needs help,but when i see shit like this,tagging a moderator and enjoying the ban is enough
                        gReEk G0dDeSs

Comment

Originally posted by ts0ts0s View Post
                          It was always there but they were fewer than now. My solution is : I don't give a flyinf f*** about them, I m always here to help anyone who needs help,but when I see shit like this,tagging a moderator and enjoying the ban is enough
                          I'm going to adopt that exact attitude on both counts.

Comment

Working...
                          X