Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something fishy about some new members.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Something fishy about some new members.

    I've been a member since 2006, and have seen people come and go over the years. I've noticed an increase in new members with a lot of belligerent attitude that use translator apps (that's okay, if they don't speak English, but I put it in as part of a pattern), attack mods, members, and TD's if they don't get an answer they like, service is not fast enough, or trying to tell us how terrible RWI TD's are, and, in some posts, try to talk about buying from non-trusted dealers. Maybe, it's just me, but is it possible there is some concerted effort to attack RWI itself and garner business? I mean what the hell is going on? Some of these questions are sooo stupid, it's hard to reply helpfully, and not feel like they are transparent attempt(s) to just make thing miserable...or whatever the goal is? Okay, feel free to state, "it's just me." Perhaps it is?

    #2
    Not a conjoined effort, but just a change in the way people are using Internet and how some platforms deliver content without the need of a proper "educating" aka Reddit, back in the forum golden age, this was way less of an issue, because all forum behaved the same, now that the main place to find answer to common issues and questions is not forums anymore (in general, not related to rep in particular), that knowledge on what to expect and how to behave is not automatic anymore.

    Not to mention that we are in the age of "everything at your hand right now" and some people take that for granted everywhere, almost forgetting how underground this whole rep business is, because it's so easy to find.

    All rep forums are friends with each other, we share informations as we need and don't fight each other so that can't be the origin, as for any other potential origin, well, truth is, the method used wouldn't be very efficient as it's highly unlikely to turn any veteran member into a quiter because of those feedback, and it's highly unlikely to refrain new user from joining

    Comment


      #3
      I feel like some are actually repeat offenders using various methods to hide and rejoin. Might also be the younger generation and their instant gratification culture.
      My wish list:
      Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

      Comment


        #4
        Glaude and Rx4time, good points. I'm just flabbergasted at this "me-me" attitude! Getting old I guess!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Warrcraft View Post
          Glaude and Rx4time, good points. I'm just flabbergasted at this "me-me" attitude! Getting old I guess!
          Its not just you .....

          it gets old after a bit ..
          QFOAHDT

          Comment


            #6
            I am just going to start banning the self entitled cry babies.

            Sent from my Noob v9.5

            For all that is good in the world read the sales rules BEFORE making a sale

            sub4me You should buy from TxThrob, he has his own thread here.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post
              I feel like some are actually repeat offenders using various methods to hide and rejoin. Might also be the younger generation and their instant gratification culture.
              I agree.

              I think they're funny. I just hope I don't lose it one day replying to one of them and then get... spanked.
              "Did mcbigmac stole a watch from me?" -oascom
              founder and member of The Official RWI Planet Ocean Club and the RWI Seamaster Club.
              siggy by WingNut

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by mclarendude View Post

                I agree.

                I think they're funny. I just hope I don't lose it one day replying to one of them and then get... spanked.
                It’s definitely getting much more challenging not to!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by xj4sonx View Post
                  I am just going to start banning the self entitled cry babies.

                  Sent from my Noob v9.5
                  Pickle?!

                  LOL

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Whiny, self absorbed, apoplectic, disgruntled generation y ingrates. They all need a good ol throat punch. Or some national service. Or just the throat punch... Merry Everyone
                    Getting old is great !!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Glaude View Post
                      Not a conjoined effort, but just a change in the way people are using Internet and how some platforms deliver content without the need of a proper "educating" aka Reddit, back in the forum golden age, this was way less of an issue, because all forum behaved the same, now that the main place to find answer to common issues and questions is not forums anymore (in general, not related to rep in particular), that knowledge on what to expect and how to behave is not automatic anymore.

                      Not to mention that we are in the age of "everything at your hand right now" and some people take that for granted everywhere, almost forgetting how underground this whole rep business is, because it's so easy to find.

                      All rep forums are friends with each other, we share informations as we need and don't fight each other so that can't be the origin, as for any other potential origin, well, truth is, the method used wouldn't be very efficient as it's highly unlikely to turn any veteran member into a quiter because of those feedback, and it's highly unlikely to refrain new user from joining
                      Forums used to be a great place to get info - on many different subjects - because they were set up and run by enthusiasts, and the people who posted were enthusiasts too. So you had conversations, discussions, tutorials etc, and many of the people who posted had great knowledge.
                      Forums now are no longer the same, there are too many people who have no interest in contributing - they join, ask where can I buy the best watch/car/hifi/fishing rod/phone/fake sneakers/TV/headphones etc then disappear.
                      These are people who've grown up on the internet, who want and expect immediate answers to their questions - dare to disagree with them, or even contradict them - and they'll accuse you of being toxic, of harassing them.
                      They've been conditioned by Amazon - they are always right, and everything must happen immediately.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        That pretty much sums it up.

                        People join a forum and want cliff notes on getting the knowledge that's taken many of us years to acquire.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by tripdog View Post
                          Forums used to be a great place to get info - on many different subjects - because they were set up and run by enthusiasts, and the people who posted were enthusiasts too. So you had conversations, discussions, tutorials etc, and many of the people who posted had great knowledge.
                          Forums now are no longer the same, there are too many people who have no interest in contributing - they join, ask where can I buy the best watch/car/hifi/fishing rod/phone/fake sneakers/TV/headphones etc then disappear. These are people who've grown up on the internet, who want and expect immediate answers to their questions - dare to disagree with them, or even contradict them - and they'll accuse you of being toxic, of harassing them. They've been conditioned by Amazon - they are always right, and everything must happen immediately.
                          Originally posted by BMW760 View Post
                          That pretty much sums it up. People join a forum and want cliff notes on getting the knowledge that's taken many of us years to acquire.
                          I'm usually not short for writing, but yes, that does pretty much sum it up.
                          Last edited by Warrcraft; 30-12-19, 19:26.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by BMW760 View Post
                            That pretty much sums it up.

                            People join a forum and want cliff notes on getting the knowledge that's taken many of us years to acquire.
                            There was an advert on tv as I just read your statement. It was for an app called Blinkist. Basically If you cannot be bothered to read a book fully, this app gives you the cliff notes and shazzam you have read a book in 15 minutes. It says " for people who haven't got time to read"........ says it all really

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Str1xt View Post

                              There was an advert on tv as I just read your statement. It was for an app called Blinkist. Basically If you cannot be bothered to read a book fully, this app gives you the cliff notes and shazzam you have read a book in 15 minutes. It says " for people who haven't got time to read"........ says it all really
                              Gawd...I really do give up!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X