• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying a Polestar 2 from Norway ?

Anthonye

Known Member
23/12/19
EU
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about purchasing a Polestar 2 next year : https://www.polestar.com/cars/polestar-2
And I can't stop thinking about the huge price difference you could have by purchasing it in Norway vs France for the exact same configuration.

Norway : 528 000 NOK ≃ 53 500 EUR

France : 65 900 EUR

Knowing that apparently VAT is 25% in Norway and 20% in France it would mean that the final difference of price would be ≃ 14 500 EUR (because you pay the VAT of the final country for a brand new car) it seems more than interesting to enjoy this purchase to spend some vacation time in Norway and come back with it.

But I have no idea if it is as easy as it sounds and, furthermore, if the car dealer in Norway will be able to do provide the proper documents or even authorized by law to do so directly without going through an authorized car exporter...

I am wondering if someone tried anything similar and will be so kind to share his experience ?

All the best for this end of the years to all !

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
If I am not mistaken Norway is not an EU member country
accordingly you would have to pay import tax in addition to VAT

Thefakemasterfanclub

Known Member
31/12/10
I just wish that Volvo releases a more affordable polestar 1.. this polestar would look cool as a wagon or CUV. Actually it’s really nice as is as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthonye

Known Member
23/12/19
EU
If I am not mistaken Norway is not an EU member country
accordingly you would have to pay import tax in addition to VAT
You are right, 10% on the price excl VAT on the original purchase bringing the nett difference to 10k€, still interesting I think.

Anthonye

Known Member
23/12/19
EU
I just wish that Volvo releases a more affordable polestar 1.. this polestar would look cool as a wagon or CUV. Actually it’s really nice as is as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 1 is really beautiful ! but way over budget for now