• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do you introduce your replica to your friends and relatives?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
“Fake watch” They aren’t fake watches, they are definitely real watches. A fake watch would be a funny thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3king

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Since I am the most successful one of my friends I am always being competed against.

Wow, talk about a healthy relationship ... and you still call those "friends" ? Mind you, you relate to them as being "the most successful" so I guess they can say the same thing.
I think here the issue is not the watch being fake or not, but rather the relationship being fake ...

But as long as it works for you, that's indeed all that matter

Reactions: leo6929

pokerbotme

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/2/19
Great question.. I actually thought about that when I ordered my rep. If anyone asks I'll admit its rep. I have real ones as well, would just say I wanted Blue (pelagos) and didnt want to spend 3k. Wanted something I can throw and go work on the yard and not worry about destroying my 3k LHD.

I'm known as watch in my circle so no one has ever questioned it.

WatchMe63

Known Member
11/9/19
Northern California
A buddy of mine has two Gen Pani's and wears a Rep to kick around town. I know dude is rich makes serious $$$. So when I saw his Pani I figured good bonding moment since I was wearing my Gen Sub. So I said "nice watch", but he was quick to point out it was a Rep, but even quicker to clarify that he has two Gen Pani's at home :) - He travels a lot and overseas so he justify's wearing the Rep around town and on travel. Frankly he wears he Rep more than the Gen lol ... in the end all he had to say was Thanks! PS he is selling one of his two Gen Pani's so maybe 1 Gen and 1 Rep keeps 1 covered ?

Last edited:

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
I never mention it. I let my friends make up their own conclusions. My family knows they’re fake. Mainly because they know I couldn’t afford some of the pieces ive worn.

Of course, there are a few watch geeks friends that I talk watches with all the time. One of them has one hell of collection of gens. (I’ve been trying to get him to sell me his hulk for a while). I tell him about my modding and give him updates n such. He does get impressed about the quality of reps these days. I built a 1680 for him a while back. He loved it, wore it for a little while, let a friend borrow it and they ghosted him. For him $300 bucks is chump change (trust fund kid) so he didn’t seem to care.

His AD is my AD now and he hooks me up. I’ve asked for links and link screws for some watches I’ve had and gotten them for free many times.

Its good to have rich friends who have great relationships with their AD sometimes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tkingjr and leo6929

Timbaa9

Horology Curious
20/10/19
I never mention it neither. If someone who I know asks i'll tell them its a rep.

Aventador S

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/5/19
A poor reception to introducing a rep to a group of older real Rolex wearing beer drinking buddies - as you might expect. Thank gawd it was not a Rolex as I would have been booted from the club. People more to my place in life they consider them a novelty, so what..

mrtimeshift

17/8/15
I talked with my father because he owned some genuine watches. He was astonished about the quality, nothing like what you get offered at some beaches.

Reactions: leo6929

Zbonk

4/11/16
Sweden
I never tell people anything unless they ask. I almost always pivot it as a real just to spare myself from all the "fakeness" talk. I do have some watch interested friends but they're not into it more than that they know different brands. They would never spot a replica unless the seconds hand is ticking.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
dont call me out ! ............

........ I know Muai Tai, Brazillian Ju Jitzu, and a little thing I like to call "i nailed your mom". I'm so bad ass, there isn't one little kid in any of my karate classes that even wants to spar with me cause i UNLEASH THE FURY! Yeah I've got a small penis and nobody likes me, but I drive a porsche worth more than your LIFE so **** you! Like the other day, I was walking down the street and this little old lady told me she liked my watch, so I said, "What **** you! It's not fake!" So I went into karate mode and SCISSOR KICKED HER IN THE FACE! *WHAM BAM* Then I pulled her up by her hair but her wig came off, turns out she was bald! *GROSS* ******* old people. Then I picked her up by the ears and kneed her in the face muai tai style! *BLADOW* And I was like "That's what you get for walking so slow bitch! AND THERE'S NO WAY YOU COULD KNOW MY WATCH IS FAKE, CAUSE IT'S NOT, IT'S A MODDED MBW SUPER DUPER ULTIMATE SUB, AND IT'S REAL! REAL I SAY! IT USES THE SAME MOVEMENT MOST REAL WATCHES DO ANYWAY, IT'S SWISS ETA, IT'S A DIVISION OF SWATCH, PLUS I BOUGHT IT FOR A GOOD VALUE, NOT CAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD A REAL ONE CAUSE I SPENT ALL MY MONEY ON KARATE CLASSES, SO **** YOU! OH, AND I DRIVE A PORSCHE WORTH MORE THAN YOUR GRANDCHILDREN!" *KAZAAM* Yeah, I showed her what's what. That's the last time she'll be calling me out on my watch. But I gtg, I'm late for yoga class WHERE I PICK UP CHICKS LIKE YOUR MOM! AMERICA!!! **** YEAH!!!

(repost from classic thread )
Is the author of this "classic post" the pickup artist who didn't want to get called out on social mefldia? Because it sounds exactly like him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I’ve never had the chance to formulate a response, because the only time this happens is when someone comments that my wife’s 2-tone DJ from Andrew looks nice (literally no one has ever even glanced at my watches). Anyway, she always automatically responds with, “Oh, it’s not real - it’s a fake! My husband buys them from China and his is fake too - look!” Bless her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Effing women. Lol

I will say it's creepy how guys do this. They Won't say anything to a guy but when they see a female, they're all over it and like "oh nice shoes/wallet/purse/watch/car, is it new? Can I take a look? Can I test it? That is so cool. Oh awesome. You know what would be awesome? If you gave me your number.".

But with guys. It's like :eyes forward. Don't acknowledge it. Pretend you didn't see it:.

Lol.

Last edited:

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
One glance at my girlfriend boobs and it's obvious that my watch is fake. :clap:And no, I won't post any pictures.
Where did you get ?..
RWI (Replica Wife Info) ...

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Is the author of this "classic post" the pickup artist who didn't want to get called out on social mefldia? Because it sounds exactly like him.

I believe this is from the legendary @PecMan.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

it was made around 2013 , im not sure

Camielvd

21/11/19
NL
When asked if it is a real one, I will tell them it is a fake and no one cares :)

atg5239

19/5/19
When they ask you, you tell them that it's more expensive than you would like but cheaper than they think. :byebye: