• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do you introduce your replica to your friends and relatives?

maxlee

Horology Curious
12/9/19
I sorry if it a duplicate. Couldn't find a thread.

Do you cook up a story telling them you bought it at the real store? or honestly tell them it a replica?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
giphy.gif

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
No one from my friends and family know Blancpain,Jaeger le coultre or patek :p

(The problem is they all know Rolex)

Reactions: APjumbo

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
I sorry if it a duplicate. Couldn't find a thread.

Do you cook up a story telling them you bought it at the real store? or honestly tell them it a replica?

I call them out and say "HEY LOOK AT MY REPLICA WATCH FROM TRUSTYTIME, I GOT IT FROM ANDREW AND IT'S AN ICE BANG, THE NEW BREED OF HUBLOT BIG BANG EVOLUTION. THE BEST HUBLOT WATCH EVER MADE, HAS A SUPER LUME. MADE WITH GENUINE FULLY DISSECTED. THIS IS 1:1 REPLICA. THE EXTERNAL PARTS CAN BE COMPLETELY EXCHANGEABLE WITH THE GENUINE"

Just kidding. IMO, why do you need to make up a story regarding your watch =D wear it with pride =)

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
now i gotta repost a classic

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
dont call me out ! ............

........ I know Muai Tai, Brazillian Ju Jitzu, and a little thing I like to call "i nailed your mom". I'm so bad ass, there isn't one little kid in any of my karate classes that even wants to spar with me cause i UNLEASH THE FURY! Yeah I've got a small penis and nobody likes me, but I drive a porsche worth more than your LIFE so **** you! Like the other day, I was walking down the street and this little old lady told me she liked my watch, so I said, "What **** you! It's not fake!" So I went into karate mode and SCISSOR KICKED HER IN THE FACE! *WHAM BAM* Then I pulled her up by her hair but her wig came off, turns out she was bald! *GROSS* ******* old people. Then I picked her up by the ears and kneed her in the face muai tai style! *BLADOW* And I was like "That's what you get for walking so slow bitch! AND THERE'S NO WAY YOU COULD KNOW MY WATCH IS FAKE, CAUSE IT'S NOT, IT'S A MODDED MBW SUPER DUPER ULTIMATE SUB, AND IT'S REAL! REAL I SAY! IT USES THE SAME MOVEMENT MOST REAL WATCHES DO ANYWAY, IT'S SWISS ETA, IT'S A DIVISION OF SWATCH, PLUS I BOUGHT IT FOR A GOOD VALUE, NOT CAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD A REAL ONE CAUSE I SPENT ALL MY MONEY ON KARATE CLASSES, SO **** YOU! OH, AND I DRIVE A PORSCHE WORTH MORE THAN YOUR GRANDCHILDREN!" *KAZAAM* Yeah, I showed her what's what. That's the last time she'll be calling me out on my watch. But I gtg, I'm late for yoga class WHERE I PICK UP CHICKS LIKE YOUR MOM! AMERICA!!! **** YEAH!!!

(repost from classic thread )

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Mom, Dad, I'd like you to meet "Reppy". She is a clone. A poser of sorts. I hope you will accept our relationship.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Raddave

​​​​​​​"BLADOW"
:jeff::rofl:

Last edited:
Reactions: Raddave

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
My response is more boring than all of these.
I usually just say, oh it’s just a work beater I got off eBay. Then they lose interest and I go back to enjoying my sweet timepiece in peace and quiet.
like posted previously, the only name anyone recognizes is Rolex.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I’ve never had the chance to formulate a response, because the only time this happens is when someone comments that my wife’s 2-tone DJ from Andrew looks nice (literally no one has ever even glanced at my watches). Anyway, she always automatically responds with, “Oh, it’s not real - it’s a fake! My husband buys them from China and his is fake too - look!” Bless her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
I’ve never had the chance to formulate a response, because the only time this happens is when someone comments that my wife’s 2-tone DJ from Andrew looks nice (literally no one has ever even glanced at my watches). Anyway, she always automatically responds with, “Oh, it’s not real - it’s a fake! My husband buys them from China and his is fake too - look!” Bless her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahaha that's hilarious =D

Reactions: balance27

Daddyof3

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/3/19
i never had to, my family thinks im well off and assume my reps are real

Reactions: Bigcity777