• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why buy reps? (Serious question)

Ruj.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/14
Europe
On holidays I always wear a rep and I always regret it. In my mind I will get robbed, loose it, it gets stolen from the hotelsafe...... but nothing ever happens.
next time I will wear my gen (not to Barcelona or Paris off course.....) :cool:

Thesystem3

14/9/19
Because I made my money being conservative with my spending and investing correctly. I can afford a Rolex if I want but following my philosophy I’d consider that a stupid investment. That’s why I am perfectly ok with a $400 rep and flexing it like it’s real. My life plays the part of the lifestyle that I can afford it so no one would even question it.

Reactions: museguy and shr3y

pokerbotme

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/2/19
I collect watches and got a Pelagos LHD was on love with it but blue was also of interest. Didnt have funds or willingness to spend 3k on same watch so REP fit the bill, lets me wear the blue without breaking the bank.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I collect watches and got a Pelagos LHD was on love with it but blue was also of interest. Didnt have funds or willingness to spend 3k on same watch so REP fit the bill, lets me wear the blue without breaking the bank.

Pelagos is great. Collecting rep is smart. I collect too. Btw are you going to sell one of yours soon?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Because I made my money being conservative with my spending and investing correctly. I can afford a Rolex if I want but following my philosophy I’d consider that a stupid investment. That’s why I am perfectly ok with a $400 rep and flexing it like it’s real. My life plays the part of the lifestyle that I can afford it so no one would even question it.

If you are so smart then you buy a real rolex.. rolex always holds its value, and mutch higher. It is a good investment, 2012 you could buy a hulk for 7.500 usd, 2019 its 15-18.000 usd.. that is a smart investment ;) Replicas is worthless.. you throw your money in the lake, but i love replicas too, but if i could i whould buy a real rolex or Patek or whatever watch i like because its a good investment

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Almost every comment about this subject in the forums people claim that they can easily afford gen watches but don't wanna spend the cash. I almost never hear someone admit that gens are too expensive for their budget lol.

Ruj.

27/2/14
Europe
I have the investment rlx’s in the vault and the reps on the wrist. Best of both worlds....

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Almost every comment about this subject in the forums people claim that they can easily afford gen watches but don't wanna spend the cash. I almost never hear someone admit that gens are too expensive for their budget lol.

Yeah, well I probably could afford 2-3 gens tops, but I’d rather instead have 30 different models sitting in my watchbox. Some years ago I was not very keen on reps, because they were an immediate tell, but nowadays some factories like VSF are making me break the bank account. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: csthe

bc1221

30/4/14
Mainly to try it out to see if I want a gen or not but the majority of my reps have been sold off.

There are are a few gens that I want that’s “affordable” but on waiting lists. :(

I now only buy the ones I want to mod. 1680, 5513 and 16610 on the way to convert to 16800.

To me, modding is way more fun than wearing them. It’s a fun hobby for me and as OCD and ADHD as I am, it’s a hobby that makes me focus completely on the project. It’s one of the few hobbies that I have left that I enjoy, since I’ve aged out of DJ-ing at raves. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: museguy and leo6929

Brook1ja

13/2/19
I agree with people saying it's about variety. Even if you can afford a gen (or two), it is a lot easier to have a small collection of reps and have different things to wear. Of course, that could also be achieved with cheap watches or micro brands.

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

QWERTY7888889

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/6/15
Italy
For me i buy reps of watch i will know i can t sell in fast time or watch i don t wanna spent a lot of money on it....it s a choice....sometime GEN (if I take with me for a long time) or REP if I want one shot and go :)

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I agree with people saying it's about variety. Even if you can afford a gen (or two), it is a lot easier to have a small collection of reps and have different things to wear. Of course, that could also be achieved with cheap watches or micro brands.

Agreed, why do we buy copy right infringing replicas and not support small brands or buy low budget gens.

I started out buying low budget vintage Gens

I now only buy fakes here, mostly to check out then flip, as the ‘whole how close of a replication’ thing has me fascinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: