• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Last Breath - Excellent Documentary on Saturation Diving - on Netflix

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
A lot of us on here use dive watches, and might know a little or a lot about saturation diving. Some members may even be expert sat divers.
For the rest of us that would like to know more about the actual risks involved, I highly recommend watching the documentary 'Last Breath' now available on Netflix.
It is just under an hour long, and chronicles the events during a dive gone terribly wrong due to bad weather, and how fine the line is between life and death in this profession.
Makes for riveting watching.

kopite81

2/12/18
A lot of us on here use dive watches, and might know a little or a lot about saturation diving. Some members may even be expert sat divers.
For the rest of us that would like to know more about the actual risks involved, I highly recommend watching the documentary 'Last Breath' now available on Netflix.
It is just under an hour long, and chronicles the events during a dive gone terribly wrong due to bad weather, and how fine the line is between life and death in this profession.
Makes for riveting watching.

Just watched it - Absolutely mind-blowing

gi0ag

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/13
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be watching tonight.

drmckenn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/11/15
Thanks for the recommendation. Starts slow - but it turns into a riveting story.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
After I retired from the Air Force I was a paramedic working in the Gulf Of Mexico and abroad in oil and gas. As I was also a Dive Medic, there was a ton of diving operations going on with the oil companies after Hurricane Katrina. I once spent almost a month in Sat because they wanted a medic in with the guys. When I tell you that it was one of the best times (and paychecks) of my life, along with ass puckering times, believe it. I loved it, but I swore I'd never do it again. Since then, I've always had a deep respect and admiration for Sat Divers!

Reactions: Katarsis

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Seen this, it's great viewing. I need to find the Fakemaster Sub torture test where they sent a Fakey Sub down for a sat dive and give it a bump.

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
Seen this, it's great viewing. I need to find the Fakemaster Sub torture test where they sent a Fakey Sub down for a sat dive and give it a bump.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in many moons. He sure did some damn fine work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I had seen that movie, since I use to to a tremendous amount of underwater photography. It started slowly, rather mundane, and not to give away what happens, I though somewhat typical of other sat diving movies or documentaries I had seen.
By the end, I was glued to the screen. I would say more but..................It is well with watching!!!