• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it just me or....?

moneysaver

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/18
Sooo..
I made a whole lot of cash the last 2.5 months. I am talking about turning m6 annual income into a monthly.

Yet, I am still not interested in purchasing any big ticket gen watches. Not even a gen PAM.

I still want to reinvest my money into assets/Real Estate that will eventually pay me and continue my hobby collecting rep watches.

Now, I have some multi-millionaire colleagues and business associates who have different watches. They live in nice estate, drive Bentleys, Tesla and Benz.

Makes me wonder if they are GEN or REP.

Thoughts?!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
Its addictive man. I have a few gens but the value proposition for reps is just so damn high. We like to nitpick our reps a bit here, but coming from the other side of the fence, we're looking at a massive discount for a few flaws that most people can live with.

There's the whole morality can of worms we could get into, but then again, we aren't the ones charging five digits for stainless steel watches. When you fall in love with a watch, a good rep scratches the itch just as well as a gen IMO. Currently, i have reps of most of my gens and then some. I break out the gens for special occasions and use the reps as daily drivers. The policy for now is to go gen for PM watches and rep for everything else.

Sedonut

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/7/17
I like the reps better than a gen, it looks exactly the same, and some of my reps keep better time than some of my gen's. Then there is the little issue of reps cost 50 times less. No repair bills on a rep that on a gen costs 3-5 times what I paid for the rep. No one will know it's a rep unless you tell them. What's not to like?

moneysaver

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/18
I like the reps better than a gen, it looks exactly the same, and some of my reps keep better time than some of my gen's. Then there is the little issue of reps cost 50 times less. No repair bills on a rep that on a gen costs 3-5 times what I paid for the rep. No one will know it's a rep unless you tell them. What's not to like?
What do you do for a living?
What kind of reps do you sport on a daily/weekly basis?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk