• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying rep with bitcoin

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
Hey guys

After exhaustive search for TD that will take credit card (visa are all I have) without any luck, I resorted to bank transfer, which also failed (frozen TD bank account luckily the Chinese bank refunded my money), it looks like the only option now is bitcoin...which I know nothing about.

What type of payment you guys normally use?

Is Coinbase the exchange to use?
To send payment for the watch via coinbase, do you have to buy the bitcoin first or you can just link your bank and send and it'll do the buying and sending at once? Thanks

nyriyadh

Known Member
9/4/12
Interesting topic
Waiting with you for answers

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Never used bitcoin. But maybe you can ask your dealer for PP(paypal) its a good option

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Derinee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/2/19
Europe
I have used coinbase myself and it is easy process. You have to buy the bitcoin first with CC or deposit funds to coinbase with Bank transfer which can be then used to buy BTC. and then send them to TD.

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
Td won't give out PayPal until you buy from them before...but with limited payment options thus my problem.

Thanks for the info on buying the bitcoin first then use it to send/pay...looks like coinbase doesnt allow CC. Only bank, debit card, etc

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
Btw, I googled coinbase review and some say their customer service is horrible if you have issue (stuck/lost transactions). Some even say they clean out your linked bank???

Derinee

INMATE
21/2/19
Europe
Td won't give out PayPal until you buy from them before...but with limited payment options thus my problem.

Thanks for the info on buying the bitcoin first then use it to send/pay...looks like coinbase doesnt allow CC. Only bank, debit card, etc

By CC i meant any bank issued cards. But i have used CC with coinbase and it works. Coinbase is the one of the largest crypto platforms so of course some negative reviews. Them cleaning out your bank account is just non sense, that would never happen and it is literally impossible.

Reactions: Seamusflood

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
Thanks for the clarification. Will try to get that coinbase account. Its asking for all sorts of personal info which is a little nerve racking:)

Derinee

INMATE
21/2/19
Europe
Thanks for the clarification. Will try to get that coinbase account. Its asking for all sorts of personal info which is a little nerve racking:)

Them asking personal information which is for security reasons and it is only a good thing.

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
Okay, got everything sorted out. Added the debit card etc...but it is saying there is a limit of $50/week.
Urrr...the damn watch is like $400+ ... how do we buy it with this limit? Am I missing something?

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
Curious why TD’s resist PayPal at the outset.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

VitZan

Known Member
23/4/19
Italy
Always and only bitcoin transfers: I get 6 to 8 % discount... Really fast and reliable.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Rand

Horology Curious
9/6/15
I think it'll make sense for TD's to take bitcoin payments, it eliminates the risk of being disputed on Paypal unfairly to try scam the TD

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Bitcoin is easy to pay with, once you've gone past the initial stages of getting set up with an exchange it really isn't that difficult at all.

You have a number of different exchange options, Coinbase seems to be popular, I prefer Binance but also use Kraken. With all of them you have to go through a process of proving your ID in the same way you would with Revolut for example.

Once you have an exchange, most of them including coinbase allow you to set up wallet addresses within your log in. You need a separate wallet address for each currency.

You then trade FIAT ($, €, £) for your chosen currency, it appears in your wallet, then you send it on to your TD's wallet address. Be sure to check on which cryptocurrency you are paying with and which they are receiving as they have to match.

Bitcoin is a little volatile at the minute and a little slow in asset settlement - litecoin is quicker and many of the TD's will take LTC. Ethereum is another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk