• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thoughts on Kickstarter for an affordable Tourbillion?

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Horrible brand message.
Scammy looking site.
No way do they mass produce their own movement.

Thats also not kickstarter.

Erased canned ham comment.

edit: I was too quick to judge. Found it on Kickstarter. I don’t think people will get the watch when the campaign ends. Also I don’t get selling a watch on price vs awsomeness. But what do I know?

Last edited:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
So ic they are shipping within a week of ordering...............Has anyone seen or received one??????

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The movement itself is pleasing to look at, but looking around that tacky blue around the bezel is difficult. I agree, it's probably a seagull movement.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I think a turbillion can be made and sold for a grand. But not this one. The case is not elegant, the decoration is a bit too much, the thickness is not that great... It is a nice attempt and I hope they will continue and develop a worthy turbillion watch in the future.

Xabo

Known Member
27/3/19
Germany
I mean they teased it in the article. You can get a Tourbillion for 5 digits due to the TAG Heuer Carrera 02T. As far as I read it has from a technical point of view an amazing quality. From an aesthetically point of view I would say you have to have a special taste in watches to be comfy with that.

The kickstarter project on the other side looks a bit cheap in my opinion...

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I watched the YouTube review.
For myself, the watch looked much more elegant and refined in their promotional videos for preorders.
To each their own for taste in design and aesthetic’s, but I do not see this watch competing with a Tourbullion costing $250,000.00 as their promotional site implies.