• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs Issues?

NavySubmariner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/18
Hi,

I have been through the routine of purchasing one rep from Puretime and had the nerve wracking ordeal of seeing my tracked package go into customs and wait there for 5 days... before finally being released.

I live in the UK, In real terms what is the likelihood of a rep getting confiscated at customs and me personally being issued with a hefty fine and criminal proceedings?

This is the one and only thing stopping me placing another order at the moment.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
If you cant do the time , dont do the crime .

Ask Tucker about Uncle Ned

Yep. My Uncle Ned spent 5 years in Leavenworth for smuggling a shipment of replicas into the United States. He had 10-20 watches. If it’s just 1 or 2 watches you are probably ok. I’m not familiar with the laws in the UK but until that watch arrives at your door, I’d be watching my back.

johnnythefox

Renowned Member
16/10/17
It's pretty rare to get a watch confiscated by UK customs. I've had 10 reps come through with no problems and one of the consignments was 2 Rolex's together and the others were single shipments. Some of the reps even had watch listed on the documents. If customs came across a single rep on it's own they would just confiscate it and that would be it, but if you had a shipment of 20 watches it would be a different case, they might prosecute for importing fake goods. So I wouldn't worry too much if you're just buying the odd rep here and there. When they bang you up I'll send you a cake with a file in it.:):):)

NavySubmariner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/18
It's pretty rare to get a watch confiscated by UK customs. I've had 10 reps come through with no problems and one of the consignments was 2 Rolex's together and the others were single shipments. Some of the reps even had watch listed on the documents. If customs came across a single rep on it's own they would just confiscate it and that would be it, but if you had a shipment of 20 watches it would be a different case, they might prosecute for importing fake goods. So I wouldn't worry too much if you're just buying the odd rep here and there. When they bang you up I'll send you a cake with a file in it.:):):)

It's ok i'll get one of those James Bond watches with the steel cutting laser or whatever :)