• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch winder or watch movement issue?

lightdark

Horology Curious
31/7/18
Hi all, i am new to this hobby for few months and has got 1rep 1gen , 1 of it with miyota movement and the other with eta movement.

i got myself a watch winder and i put both of the watches into it, i can see it turn cw and ccw according to my settings, but the watch time stop at 1 point.

Is it the movement power reserve not enough that led to the stoppage of movement?

I have not used a watch winder before and would like to see if fellow rwi members could assist. Thanks

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Wind the watch 20 times at the crown then put it on the watch winder, if it stops again then there is a problem somewhere in the movement - rotor not moving, or hands touching the crystal etc.

lightdark

Horology Curious
31/7/18
Wind the watch 20 times at the crown then put it on the watch winder, if it stops again then there is a problem somewhere in the movement - rotor not moving, or hands touching the crystal etc.

Thanks for the guide, i will give it a try but for eta7750 movement, will it cause any potential damage if continuous wind for 20 times?

Testone72

Renowned Member
8/3/18
Thanks for the guide, i will give it a try but for eta7750 movement, will it cause any potential damage if continuous wind for 20 times?

It will not, go easy!
Hope im correct...Maybe with the 7750 you need to wind only one way (I don't remember which, CW or CCW) on the watch winder. But if it stop always on "1" you have for sure a issue as told you above...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: lightdark

lightdark

Horology Curious
31/7/18
It will not, go easy!
Hope im correct...Maybe with the 7750 you need to wind only one way (I don't remember which, CW or CCW) on the watch winder. But if it stop always on "1" you have for sure a issue as told you above...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks buddy, i will go find out cw or ccw

Reactions: Testone72