• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Old Timex wristclocks found (not luxury watches sorry for thread if bad)

SadRetardedIdiot

Horology Curious
1/11/18
Hello and sorry for making the thread.

I am new here, just getting into the wristclock hobby. I eventually would like to possibly procure a fancy wristclock of the luxury replica variety, but I also wish to find out how to spruce up these old Timex's that were left to me by my grampa. I think he probably wore some of these during his tours of duty (I found them in a box with all of his other cool war related stuff, so I can only guess. He never mentioned these watches before, but I assume he thought they were neat so I do too), and to me I think they are cool just because of that. I know they are timex and probably not what you guys are used to working with, but I figured off topic was best place to ask.

I am actually just wondering if you guys happen to know anything about these models, I think they are just standard models of the time nothing fancy, but still just curious. I actually hope to maybe wear them a little but mostly just keep them safe. Out of all 4 of them, I think my favorite is the bright white face one with the red letters, looks like a real handsome wristclock to me for some reason. Maybe it's also because its in the best condition hehe, most of the faces are all scratched up. But my main wish is to find a fancy rep band/any good band to replace the springy band on here, I can't wear wristclocks with slinky bands cause they hurt, so if I am going to wear it I have to change that hopefully without hurting the ancient wristclock holes in the process. The picture sucks, I had to stitch 2 pics together so the 4th one on the right is kinda un-aligned, but its just 4 wristclocks total.

Anyway, thanks and sorry, thanks for reading the thread if you did. Look forward and hoping someone talks.

(trying to upload pic but says I only have a KB in my usergroup, sorry ill post imgur link if anyone wants to see them)

*****************.com/VBK6I2K.jpg

EDIT: looks like it censored the imgur link.. now im confused how to show images if i cant upload to site, and it censors url. ugh, well if you replace the stars with imgur.com and keep the rest of the link ( imgur. + com/VBK6I2K.jpg, its the link to pic. sorry about this. and like i said, they arent fancy clocks so dont worry too much about typing the url if you dont want, sorry. thanks.

EDIT2: I think I might lay down for a while dont feel great, so if anyone happens to reply and I don't respond right away its cause of that, and I appreciate it. I will check back later if I happen to sleep. thanks.

Last edited:

SadRetardedIdiot

Horology Curious
1/11/18
IMGUR blocks RWI. That's why you are having that issue. We have are own image hosting site. Information can be found here-------> https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...e-hosting-site

As far as your thread, we like all kinds of watches. Please post your pictures and stuff.

Welcome to the forum!

OK, wow i didnt even see the blue button, i just saw paperclip and thats all im used to seeing. I even went to picr site cause i saw other talk about it, but it asked for business credentials when i tried to sign up so i stopped. i will fix the original post here in second thanks sir. im glad you like the clocks, i wasn't sure if people would care to see them or not, glad you like them.

post some better pics!

Ok, I will try to get some better pictures might take a day or two I have them in a safe place currently while i figure out how best to fix them hehe. thanks for replying to the thread i appreciate it and glad you like them. edit i actually have one of them with me, ill take a pic in a sec after i try to wipe some of the grime off.

Last edited:

SadRetardedIdiot

Horology Curious
1/11/18
Hmm for some reason I cant edit the original post. I will try attaching the pic to this comment.

weird, i used the picr button, i uploaded image using popup window. i looked for another button to say attach to post or something but there was none, so i just posted thinking it would attach, but i didnt. now i try to edit and retry but the picr button wont even show now. feel dumb lol, i tried.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
looks like it has a spidel twistoflex on it !

SadRetardedIdiot

Horology Curious
1/11/18
looks like it has a spidel twistoflex on it !

Hey, thanks for replying. And im guessing you are talking about the band right? yea i like it, i just know i wont be able to wear it more than a few hours, its sharp and pinchy :(. I love the look of the clock though.

Reactions: Raddave