• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacation in UK...where to stay, what to visit. Etc...

Newbie17

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/1/15
Hello all,

My wife and I are visiting the UK in 2 weeks, and finalizing our trip. We've been in and around London a few times now over a weekend...but are looking to head to Bath, Cotswolds, and see more of the country. Any suggestions on where to stay, places to visit, favorite day trips, etc. would be very appreciated. We will have our almost 2 year old son with us, and are pretty capable travelers. Help me out!

brok landers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/16
If you're planning a trip to Bath, I'd recommend the Roman Spa and the abbey, and if you're going a bit further, Sudeley Castle nr Winchcombe. Both suggestions are on the assumption that you like old stuff. There's plenty of it in that part of the country. Westonbert Arboretum is nice as well. It's a nature trail type thing nr Tetbury. Enjoy!

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
Don't forget to try traditional British cuisine, chicken/lamb curry especially, you can find at pretty much every pub, but I would recommend local takeaways, they do more authentic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
In that area:

Cirencester
Cheltenham
Tewkesbury Abbey
Clifton Suspension Bridge and SS Great Britain in Bristol
Burford, Bourton-on-the-Water, Broadway, Stow-in-the-Wold, Bibury (all in the Cotswolds)
Worcester Cathedral
Stratford-upon-Avon
Malmesbury Abbey
Warwick Castle

Also check out the National Trust website for tons of Stately Homes etc in that region.

Reactions: SuperLory

Stewpot

Horology Curious
20/7/15
+1 for Warwick Castle
+1 for Stratford on Avon - highly recommend The Four Teas for afternoon tea, extremely accommodating for kids too

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Tcr4x4

21/9/18
Forest of Dean
Forest of Dean is nice this time of year too, I’m a bit biased as I live there mind. I’d avoid Cheltenham. It’s a bit of a dump now tbh.
Bath is nice for scenery and architecture but a horrible place to drive around. I was born there but avoid the place as much as possible.
Can echo the Cotswolds, and small towns like Bibury, Bourton and Stow. Quite touristy, but very pretty. Broadway is another nice little town, but the tower is well worth a visit, it sits high on the hills overlooking the town.

Monmouth is a lovely little town on the Welsh border if you fancy venturing further this way.

Newbie17

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/1/15
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! REALLY looking forward to getting away from London, into the Costwolds and visiting some great parks, houses and villages!

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
Edinbugh is only 4-5h on a train from London, it'd be worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justice96

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
2/9/18
united kingdom
I'm from UK and i live in wigan theres a place called windermere google it youll love it its a lovely place.