• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I started a new job this week

tyrantblade

21/6/11
5 years I've been working at a dead end factory that is probably gonna go out of business in a few years, good riddance too.

that place is a joke compared to real factories, now I'm making significantly more money than I did at my last job and I just started, and it's not even a hard job, its tedious and repetitive; but the money is good.

and I tell you what, the feeling of working a good job where you make good money is amazing; and I'm not gonna fail and end up back there (though my old coworkers are betting on me to fail)

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Congrats!
I really admire you to be able to decide and switch job.

I am in a high-paced and most stressful workplace with a crazy bosslady. My stress level is up to the roof. I really want to quit and find a different job, but I am afraid of the unknown (new job). Also, my current job pays extremely well and I don’t think I can find a similar job that pays the same. So I basically am stuck at this place; at least that’s how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Congrats Fluffy.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Outstanding ! Congratulations!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Well done - keep at it and prove your old coworkers wrong.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Congrats!
I really admire you to be able to decide and switch job.

I am in a high-paced and most stressful workplace with a crazy bosslady. My stress level is up to the roof. I really want to quit and find a different job, but I am afraid of the unknown (new job). Also, my current job pays extremely well and I don’t think I can find a similar job that pays the same. So I basically am stuck at this place; at least that’s how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I can relate. Be careful not to burn yourself out. Its some sneaky shit and will knock you out in the end. High paid manager positions has its benefits but at one point you can’t perform according to expectations due to your stress levels.

Reactions: C Master

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I can relate. Be careful not to burn yourself out. Its some sneaky shit and will knock you out in the end. High paid manager positions has its benefits but at one point you can’t perform according to expectations due to your stress levels.

Thank you.

tyrantblade

21/6/11
Well, my last job paying very bad (last over 2 years I saw one raise that got me to .26 above minimum) made it very easy to WANT to switch jobs, especially since I knew the place I work at now pays well, but it took about a year going from last summer to this summer to get hired, and then a lengthy process to qualify (a (not pass or fail) test on computer, drug test, background check, had to find my Diploma and have the background check company get a copy of it from the state).

I think some people are too lazy to try to get a better job, or they get content with where they are and don't realize they could do much better.

kinda ridiculous when the local Fast Food places pay better than a factory making close to $20 million in sales for the year; but that is New York State for you, raising minimum wage so they get paid extra money (since taxes are a Percentage).

Reactions: efajri

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Good for you , Fluffy !

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
One of the most important but difficult decisions to make is to leave a job at a certain point, unless if you happen to have a degree/skill that is especially sought after.
It can make a person very unhappy to work daily s be unhappy, so go and make stuff happen before you burn up!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: efajri

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Well done, I am glad to hear thus, that place was not doing you any good. tripdog is right, prove them wrong and stick it out.

johnlogan is also right, if you have seen what I see every week you would never stay too long in a one job with one company.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
There is no better feeling on earth than saying "GOODBYE!" to a dead end job and an under-appreciative employer. Best of luck and much success to you, sir!

Reactions: johnlogan

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
Congrats mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyrantblade

21/6/11
To say that last job was doing me no good is a pretty big understatement, at times when I could stay in good spirits I still knew I had to get out of there for both my financial health and my mental health.

I mean I know part of ones own mental health is their own burden, but it did nothing but to hurt my mental health when I wore myself ragged doing good work for them for nearly every minute I have ever worked there, working lots of overtime some weeks (I had 68 hours many times by the time Fridays shift was done)

all to get underpaid, feel very underappreciated (for all my hard work and focusing on making sure everything I did was to the best of my ability, I got yelled at a lot and once almost lost my temper and who knows what I would have done then; so I spared themselves from that and just left before I could melt down; and know no matter what I did there was never any chance to advance and they would rather keep as many workers as possible (even though the lazy workers drag everyone down), than to fire people that arent doing their fair share of work.

I know I've had my fair share of drama on these replica forums, took things too far and got banned on 2 of them, but I feel thankful for these 2 forums that I am still on, and you guys know above all else I am a good guy; I am honest, and I will NEVER be the kind of person to misrepresent things and scam people.

Reactions: Cr7juv

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
To say that last job was doing me no good is a pretty big understatement, at times when I could stay in good spirits I still knew I had to get out of there for both my financial health and my mental health.

I mean I know part of ones own mental health is their own burden, but it did nothing but to hurt my mental health when I wore myself ragged doing good work for them for nearly every minute I have ever worked there, working lots of overtime some weeks (I had 68 hours many times by the time Fridays shift was done)

all to get underpaid, feel very underappreciated (for all my hard work and focusing on making sure everything I did was to the best of my ability, I got yelled at a lot and once almost lost my temper and who knows what I would have done then; so I spared themselves from that and just left before I could melt down; and know no matter what I did there was never any chance to advance and they would rather keep as many workers as possible (even though the lazy workers drag everyone down), than to fire people that arent doing their fair share of work.

I know I've had my fair share of drama on these replica forums, took things too far and got banned on 2 of them, but I feel thankful for these 2 forums that I am still on, and you guys know above all else I am a good guy; I am honest, and I will NEVER be the kind of person to misrepresent things and scam people.

I’m glad you like your new job. I’ve always (unfortunately) spent more waking hours per day at work than waking hours with the family. If you hate what you’re doing it makes it hard to get up and go to work every day. I’m glad you’re still around Fluffy and it sounds like you are doing things the right way.

Reactions: tripdog

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18

You seem extremely transparent, I can't imagine any forum banning you. Beside you only need one place where you're among friends..... :)

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
and good luck with the new job, dont look back !

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Great to hear, good to hear you're happy and enjoying it. Sounds like it'll be something you'll be at for a long time. people are generally adverse to change, either they don't want to or don't want to accept it. But once that change is made, they'll find:
  • this could be good for them and in it, see the silver linings and openly embrace it
  • the change was a terrible idea and want to go back to previous or make another change
  • or accept whatever it is and stick with it
The challenge is staying ahead and not seeing faults or cracks (where you'll find yourself looking again) but how to contribute and fix those cracks. Those that motivate and excite is what matters and makes you the better person.

Good luck and all the best!
M