Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

I started a new job this week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started a new job this week

5 years I've been working at a dead end factory that is probably gonna go out of business in a few years, good riddance too.

that place is a joke compared to real factories, now I'm making significantly more money than I did at my last job and I just started, and it's not even a hard job, its tedious and repetitive; but the money is good.

and I tell you what, the feeling of working a good job where you make good money is amazing; and I'm not gonna fail and end up back there (though my old coworkers are betting on me to fail)

Congrats!
    I really admire you to be able to decide and switch job.

I am in a high-paced and most stressful workplace with a crazy bosslady. My stress level is up to the roof. I really want to quit and find a different job, but I am afraid of the unknown (new job). Also, my current job pays extremely well and I don’t think I can find a similar job that pays the same. So I basically am stuck at this place; at least that’s how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Congrats Fluffy.
      Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

I wanted this omega so bad :/
      I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

Comment

Outstanding ! Congratulations!

Comment

Well done - keep at it and prove your old coworkers wrong.
          Vintage Rolex Builds: http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tripdog/library/

Comment

Congrats! All progress takes place outside the comfort zone!
            how to delete snapchat

Comment

Originally posted by efajri View Post
              Congrats!
              I really admire you to be able to decide and switch job.

I am in a high-paced and most stressful workplace with a crazy bosslady. My stress level is up to the roof. I really want to quit and find a different job, but I am afraid of the unknown (new job). Also, my current job pays extremely well and I don’t think I can find a similar job that pays the same. So I basically am stuck at this place; at least that’s how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
              I can relate. Be careful not to burn yourself out. Its some sneaky shit and will knock you out in the end. High paid manager positions has its benefits but at one point you can’t perform according to expectations due to your stress levels.
              http://www.cigaraficionado.com

https://www.tudorwatch.com

If it floats , flies or fucks it's probably cheaper to rent!

Comment

Originally posted by johnlogan View Post

I can relate. Be careful not to burn yourself out. Its some sneaky shit and will knock you out in the end. High paid manager positions has its benefits but at one point you can’t perform according to expectations due to your stress levels.
                Thank you.

Comment

Well, my last job paying very bad (last over 2 years I saw one raise that got me to .26 above minimum) made it very easy to WANT to switch jobs, especially since I knew the place I work at now pays well, but it took about a year going from last summer to this summer to get hired, and then a lengthy process to qualify (a (not pass or fail) test on computer, drug test, background check, had to find my Diploma and have the background check company get a copy of it from the state).

I think some people are too lazy to try to get a better job, or they get content with where they are and don't realize they could do much better.

kinda ridiculous when the local Fast Food places pay better than a factory making close to $20 million in sales for the year; but that is New York State for you, raising minimum wage so they get paid extra money (since taxes are a Percentage).

Comment

well done !
                    You did the best thing then and left

Comment

Good for you , Fluffy !

Comment

One of the most important but difficult decisions to make is to leave a job at a certain point, unless if you happen to have a degree/skill that is especially sought after.
                        It can make a person very unhappy to work daily s be unhappy, so go and make stuff happen before you burn up!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro
                        Click the pic to go to my Build Portfolio!

Comment

Well done, I am glad to hear thus, that place was not doing you any good. tripdog is right, prove them wrong and stick it out.

johnlogan is also right, if you have seen what I see every week you would never stay too long in a one job with one company.
                          WTB Noob SD4K 116600 Insert https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-116600-insert

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
                          There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
                          ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Comment

There is no better feeling on earth than saying "GOODBYE!" to a dead end job and an under-appreciative employer. Best of luck and much success to you, sir!
                            RWI SUPPORTER

Comment

Congrats mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X