• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

R.I.P. Anthony Bourdain

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I always enjoyed his shows even if they were repeats. He made you feel as if you were actually there as he narrated on his tours. He wasn't a snooty type, just a down to earth and wise individual.. He would frequent interesting places off the beaten track. Saw one episode where he sported a Tag Monaco. He will surely be missed by many.

Reactions: Hyjynx

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
You beat me to starting this thread by mere seconds. That’s because I’ve been in disbelieving shock all day after waking to the terrible news. I am yet to recover. In the divided, toxic times that we live in, I have totally eschewed all forms of news. I had cut the cable as it were. The only program that I still watched on cable, besides sports, was Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. He brought such uncommon skill and talent to his craft, you’d be totally enthralled and satisfied- he fed your belly, brain, soul and spirit. What a guy! I’m absolutely gutted.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
He was an iconoclast — a rare individual that could bridge the cultural and epicurean into a broader narrative on the human condition. He got a bit self-important for my taste in his later years, but you cannot dent that his letter to the New Yorker in April of 1999 started a social shift that affected not only the culinary world, but how we view the dining and travel experience. His sensibilities made the material relatable and that is a tough act to follow ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
He was a very special person..down to earth.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Lexx22

Known Member
20/5/18
East Coast
He truly got to see the world for what it was and celebrated everything and everyone. Food, drink and good conversation is what he showed us is important especially in these times... RIP

Toscana

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
27/8/16
My god really a shock for me!!
Some of the best and intersting shows we can see on tv.
Was in Florence some weeks ago only.
RIP

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
can I inherit his bad ass Persol Sunglasses? RIP to that man

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA
RIP

anthony-internal-1.jpg

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Was in complete shock and disbelieve when firstly seeing the news about this too. Have always been a huge fan of his TV Show “Parts Unknown”. Firstly it was Kate Spade and then Anthony and God knows who’s next I guess that’s life though, nobody can predict what’s gonna happen. R.I.P Anthony and Kate

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"