• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Recently got a bone graft done

tyrantblade

21/6/11
Needed to get a bone graft done so that a dental implant can succeed.

I was nervous about the procedure, but it went great (it was mostly pain free, except you cant numb bone), and I'm healing with no constant pain, but it is still a little sore to the touch.

the most nerve wracking part going forward is going to be financing as I used all the resources I had so from now on it will all have to be paid with cash saved up.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Needed to get a bone graft done so that a dental implant can succeed.

I was nervous about the procedure, but it went great (it was mostly pain free, except you cant numb bone), and I'm healing with no constant pain, but it is still a little sore to the touch.

the most nerve wracking part going forward is going to be financing as I used all the resources I had so from now on it will all have to be paid with cash saved up.

Fluffy?

tyrantblade

21/6/11
Yes I am Fluffy, this is my new account since I couldn't manage to recover my old one. All is good though because I'm barely on here and people will know this is me because of the username.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Yes I am Fluffy, this is my new account since I couldn't manage to recover my old one. All is good though because I'm barely on here and people will know this is me because of the username.
I figured it had to be you. Who else would make a post about a bone graft on a Watch forum.

Reactions: tripdog

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
How have you been?

tyrantblade

21/6/11
I've been good, focusing on saving money more than anything so it's been a while since I've had any watches and while be a while longer as I still need more dental procedures done and it's all very costly, but the worst and most expensive part is behind me

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Why did you need a bone graft for dental implants? Not meth rot, I hope.

Reactions: Tucker

tyrantblade

21/6/11
It was necessary because I've been missing a tooth for over 13 years and after a while the site loses bone and without enough bone a dental implant cant succeed.

miniatureone

Renowned Member
16/7/14
Glad to hear the procedure went smoothly. Did you get any of the good stuff (anesthesia)? Or just some pain meds to numb you a little?

tyrantblade

21/6/11
They numbed me up very good with the normal shots (novocaine?), so I didn't feel hardly anything except when they were working on the bone itself, until they were nearly done then it started to wear off and they had to give me more shots.

I was pretty much completely healed on the surface within a few days, it just felt weird having stitches in my mouth, they took the stitches out yesterday and it only took a topical numbing agent and like 10 minutes to pull them out.