• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Travelling Internationally with Replica Watches

Watchdog13

Horology Curious
22/3/16
UK
I agree with the comment above, Customs are not interested in the odd watch here and there, they have bigger concerns. I've travelled all over Europe, usually with three or four watches, and although Customs have checked the watch roll, they have never questioned the watches.

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
you have zero to worry about. i travel with a few watches internationally all the time. never had an issue, was never questioned.

if someone asks you....you received them as gifts, you dont know anything.

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
Is it safe to travel to the US and wear a Rep Daytona and a Gen Tagheuer in my luggage? Should I go to my customs and ask for a certificate for identity?

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Is it safe to travel to the US and wear a Rep Daytona and a Gen Tagheuer in my luggage? Should I go to my customs and ask for a certificate for identity?

Have you been traveling into the US before? If yes, you will know how our Custom patrol works. If not, then I will tell you this: they don’t care what you wear, and they will only search you if they suspect you bringing dangerous, exotic or excessive amount of goods into the country.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
yeah but I have quite a few expensive things like Louis Vuitton Bag, LV Belt, ipad iphone, a gen Th worth 2.500 € and more. I have a receipt for the bag and belt. For everything else nothing. For my TH a warrenty card but i dont know if thats count. To be safe should I sign a certificate of identity?

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
yeah but I have quite a few expensive things like Louis Vuitton Bag, LV Belt, ipad iphone, a gen Th worth 2.500 € and more. I have a receipt for the bag and belt. For everything else nothing. For my TH a warrenty card but i dont know if thats count. To be safe should I sign a certificate of identity?

You are nobody. There are teenagers richer than you. You are probably poorer than my 9 y/o son.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Daddyof3

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/3/19
i wear one and carry two in a watch roll. i have traveled all over and never got questioned at all. I guess as long as its not in any retail box or such they dont give a hard time

DeCrow

Known Member
6/9/16
iv'e traveled with 8

wearing 1,3 in a watch roll in my carry on. 4 in my luggage

they dont care about watches they are not trained horologists. who can spot that your date font is off.

I actually once read an experience of someone who had the bad luck to bump into a customs officer who did get training on it.
But it’s fair to assume that’s extremely rare, there are more important things for those guys to watch out for.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Brook1ja

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/19
It would only matter if they searched your bags, right? I traveled from US to Morocco with a few reps and had no issues at all.

makeherdance

Known Member
28/11/18
And I‘m already scared to wear the watch on my wrist by travelling outside the EU.

Last edited:

Aventador S

6/5/19
Well I had a BAD experience with Japan customs. It was mostly my inexperience and naivety that resulted in a few being confiscated. I planned a trip to Cambodia some friends asked that I pick up some Rolex's if they appeared decent. While there I also bought some real gem stones, bracelet, earrings, etc. So on my entry declaration form back into Japan I listed the valid jewelry and upon seeing this the agent asked to see the merchandise. Well they saw the watches too.... after a couple hours of inspections and multiple questions / answer sessions the watches were seized and I had to hand write a letter of apology to the head of customs - but the let me in the country and I went back to work for a few more months. Surprisingly multiple entries down the road with one or 2 rep's I was not stopped ever again, kinda figured I would be put on a "watch" list..
Lessons learned, no more buying for friends, separation in the baggage incase opened, wear the replica, pack the Casio's and smudge / dirty up any rep's to appear well used if found.

srhoque

28/11/18
Lessons learned, no more buying for friends, separation in the baggage incase opened, wear the replica, pack the Casio's and smudge / dirty up any rep's to appear well used if found.

You can also try this trick ;)

Reactions: 3king

russell85

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/6/19
i wore mine mainly to asia countries, no issue. havent tried bringing any in luggage though

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
No one ever checked my gens on many international travels to Japan, China and the States. However, I only wear one on the wrist and call it a day. Not sure why U should bring more watches to a 10 day biz trip around China. I only get checked once at the Swiss border (in the car) and the guy asked me to take the Omega off my wrist for a closer inspection. He seemed to be quite knowledgeable and handed it it back after checking it for a minute or two. Forgot to mention: I was driving a new A6 and wearing suit+tie that day.

Conclusion for me: no reps on biz trips to Switzerland.

Last edited:

mrtimeshift

17/8/15
I have been traveling multiple times internationally with a rep on my wrist and never had any issues. I could see this becoming one if the watch is genuine and newly bought but now taxes payed at entry.

Hoosier Watch Guy

29/3/20
Never an issue. For business, I only travel with 2 watches (gen or rep). One on wrist on one in checked luggage in a travel case or sock. Never had Customs in any country ask anything.

Luc.font

11/5/16
EU
I only get checked once at the Swiss border (in the car) and the guy asked me to take the Omega off my wrist for a closer inspection. He seemed to be quite knowledgeable and handed it it back after checking it for a minute or two. Forgot to mention: I was driving a new A6 and wearing suit+tie that day.

Conclusion for me: no reps on biz trips to Switzerland.

They were suspicious even with the car which cost 20 omegas, they probably did not like you country origin nor you face IMO ^^ I would more consider an old Opel or cheap car driven by a young guy like 18 wearing Royal Oak or platinum rolex!

Some watch with decent price that everyone or almost can get with a loan, like submariners, tudor or omegas, shouldn't be eye catching as there are so many, but some Richard mille, AP, daydate Rolex should and huge gap between watch and the rest of your stuff are more relevent thing, I guess aventador drivers can wear any rep without someone asking to check anything ahah.

my advice is first get any lambo and then you will be able to wear the rep your want (kidding)

Last edited:

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
Never an issue. For business, I only travel with 2 watches (gen or rep). One on wrist on one in checked luggage in a travel case or sock. Never had Customs in any country ask anything.

Checked Luggage....
Isn’t that tempting fate

I once lost my bag. It arrives 4 days later at the hotel in a new case, etc
I had been informed that the conv belt had broken multiple times that night hence the delay.
Clever how the conv belt had managed to sort the crap from the good stuff and only return the crap to me?!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: YellowFin