• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show your BBQ or Grill

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
0008ce85.jpg

Pork butt, basted with NM red chili enchilada sauce.....

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Hello,

everything looks delicious, but whats that ? That looks extra ordinary good :) ! But i cant recognize what it should be, please give me an advice !

cheers

My friend, that is texas style smoked brisket,

Smoked for 17+ hrs over oak, hickory and applewood.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
My friend, that is texas style smoked brisket,

Smoked for 17+ hrs over oak, hickory and applewood.

I smoke my brisket for 24 hours after marinading for 24 hours in Shiner Bock beer.
I'll be doing some next week.
Nothing better than a good brisket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
I smoke my brisket for 24 hours after marinading for 24 hours in Shiner Bock beer.
I'll be doing some next week.
Nothing better than a good brisket!

All depends on the size.... If I'm doing a full packer brisket it can easily go that long, i pull it at between 195-200 for beef, 195 for pork.

Brisket is usually 2hrs per lb on average.

I'll inject from time to time, but if the cut is wagyu or looks really well marbled, salt pepper, garlic and a few more little things and Let the smole do the talking. ;)

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
yum yum, i cant say more. If im over there again, i have to try it. A restaurant or franchise offers that kind of things regulary or is this an typical american family bbq meal ?

cheers

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
yum yum, i cant say more. If im over there again, i have to try it. A restaurant or franchise offers that kind of things regulary or is this an typical american family bbq meal ?

cheers

yeah there are many bbq joints, some much better than others, next time you are in the states shoot me a pm where you will be and I can lead you to a good one....

BBQ is desired, but it's not "typical", as the process of slow and low is lost on most to hot and fast grilling, which are two completely different things...

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
I know what you are talking about, cheap, fast = making sick food.

Better slow food, never save money by your food said my mommy :) ! BTW, the real ingredients and enough time is the key for good healthy tasty food even if we talk about bbq :)

cheers

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
I know what you are talking about, cheap, fast = making sick food.

Better slow food, never save money by your food said my mommy :) ! BTW, the real ingredients and enough time is the key for good healthy tasty food even if we talk about bbq :)

cheers

Oh I grill, and grilling is good, all depends on what you are cooking, but grilling is not BBQ.

BBQ is slowly cooking hunks of flesh over wood and lump charcoal for many hours around 225 degrees (Fahrenheit)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Oh I grill, and grilling is good, all depends on what you are cooking, but grilling is not BBQ.

BBQ is slowly cooking hunks of flesh over wood and lump charcoal for many hours around 225 degrees (Fahrenheit)

Amen, brother!
You may be in NJ, but you sound like a Texan at heart.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Amen, brother!
You may be in NJ, but you sound like a Texan at heart.

Honestly, I cook all kinds, from NC, memphis, texas, wherever there is smoke and flesh, I'll cook it.

We've placed in chicken at a kcbs once... dunno how, too blind drunk to remember what the hell I did, but it worked. lol

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
Sorry im not an expert like you are.

BBQ or grilling whatever, its always great. Fire, friends and a good time :)

But now i know who to ask :D

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
A little family bbq - bratwurst, marinated pork, chicken with hoi sin and chevapchichi.

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
First time using the cedar plank. OMG! This was the best salmon ever!!!!!!!

IMAG2048.jpg