• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show your BBQ or Grill

timeonmyside

22/3/14
Well I modified a weber grill to make wood fired pizzas. They turn out delicious! Now I'm on to building my own authentic outdoor pizza oven....

jXBbwQp.jpg

tagthis

9/2/15
This is my grill and I had it made by a friend of mine who is welder. I love BBQ with mesquite firewood.

stevedog

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/15
Recently catered a small intimate backyard wedding reception, beef tenderloin off the grill w/ chipotle, terragon and horseradish ailoi trio.

tireburnerturner

Known Member
17/4/15
TUNER that is a very sweet setup!! Lets see some pics of the poooool!!

TIMEONMYSIDE - I gotta know how you made your pizza look that good!! What modifications were made in order to get the crust looking like that. I've never cooked pizza in anything besides an oven...

GrimesBo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/8/15
My Fiancee's father just bought a Green Mountain Pellet grill for smoking. Damn thing was expensive, however I feel madly in love and am wanting to buy one but they are like 900$ lol... Electric of course but have best tasting meat as the bi product

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
TIMEONMYSIDE - I gotta know how you made your pizza look that good!! What modifications were made in order to get the crust looking like that. I've never cooked pizza in anything besides an oven...

If you Google it, there is a company called Kettle Pizza that makes a topper attachment for Weber and other kettle style grills. http://www.kettlepizza.com/?gclid=CMLF_oKr08cCFQtFaQodop0I_Q

The grill topper is made of stainless steel and it creates a tall ring that goes in between the bottom of the kettle and the lid. It adds about a foot of height to the grill and has an opening in front where you slide the pizza in and out. You use regular charcoal briquettes and hardwood charcoal together. With this extra height, and the combination of charcoal, now the heat really wratchets up into the brick oven range. You can get up to 750 degrees or more in your regular Weber grill.

Kettle Pizza isn't the only one making these. If you Google it, there are some other attachments you can get.

Kettle-Pizza-Kit.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Thanks! I smoked the briskets for 5 hours (200-225) and then cooked them for 2 hours at 325° covered on my Weber gas. It came out the best I've ever done thus far. The ribs were really good too. I smoked those for six hours then covered them in foil for another hour at 325° on my Weber.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
A little barbecuing under the bridge for me :thumbup:

Grid.JPG