• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What car do you drive?

efnstefn

Renowned Member
3/4/06
2005 Porsche CayenneS on OEM 20's (14mpg), and 2006 Lexus GS300AWD on OEM 18's (26mpg). Guess which one is the wifey's car.

I've got my eyes on a Bentley Continental GT, but have heard mixed reviews. Anyone have experience with that monster? LOL

efnstefn

Renowned Member
3/4/06
Pugwash my man....... You know the lore of this Bentley. Yes, it takes 500hp to move the 5000lb beast (it weighs more than my Cayenne). Yes, hp for the straight line, but handling is not what it's all about with this thing.

For the same money, Aston Martin has some really sweet stuff out there, and they actually handle.

machen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/06
Forget the Bentley

@ efnstefn - Forget the Bentley homie, take that 150 grand and buy a BMW M6 and a ten nice gen panerais. The M6, in my opinion, is the more beautiful car, and is, in fact, a better performer than the GT. On top of all that you will have saved nearly 50 grand. Just my two cents....

BMW M6 - 0-60mph: 4.1 seconds
1/4 mile: 12.4 seconds @ 121mph
Bentley GT - 0-60: 4.5 seconds
1/4 mile: 13.0 seconds @ 106mph

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
efnstefn said:
For the same money, Aston Martin has some really sweet stuff out there, and they actually handle.
If you don't mind waiting, for that money, you can get the Aston Martin DB9, possibly the finest GT car on the planet. Seriously, anyone that is in the price range of a DB9 that buys something else instead had better have a very, very good reason.

machen

5/4/06
...and that very good reason is a BMW M6. The DB9 is quite beautiful and a powerful status symbol, however, the BMW would crush it on the track or the street. Haha....I don't work for BMW by the way.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
machen said:
The DB9 is quite beautiful and a powerful status symbol, however, the BMW would crush it on the track or the street.
There are several cars that would crush it, as you put it, but that doesn't make them better cars.

machen

5/4/06
Its definitely true that several cars would crush it, but my reason for noting this car's technical superiority in particular is that the two are pretty much in the same "class", though in the non-technical sense of the word, the DB9 has the advantage. I mean...a Corvette C6 Z06 would be the better price and performer than the DB9, but thats clearly not a valid comparison.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
machen said:
I mean...a Corvette C6 Z06 would be the better price and performer than the DB9, but thats clearly not a valid comparison.
The C6 has train-carriage-like leaf-spring suspension, doesn't it? Eww. :D

I'd love to be able to debate this issue and actually make a purchase based on the outcome, but I'm a long way away from GT-class cars. Mrs Pugwash may get a Nissan Micra though ...

zetterdawg

Renowned Member
12/5/06
Here's a twist - what does your boss drive

he drives it EVERY FREAKIN' DAY. Rain or shine. doesn't matter. It's not even in that good of condition anymore.

His boss drives a Bently.

machen

5/4/06
"The C6 has train-carriage-like leaf-spring suspension, doesn't it? Eww."

HAHA...ive never heard that one before.

"I'd love to be able to debate this issue and actually make a purchase based on the outcome, but I'm a long way away from GT-class cars. Mrs Pugwash may get a Nissan Micra though ..."

Me too....sadly...me too. Hell...I don't even have my own car yet - I'm living the "i have nothing buy someday will" student intern life. Major props to efnstefn for being able to even consider buying a GT-class car. Please keep us updated on what you decide to do.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
machen said:
Major props to efnstefn for being able to even consider buying a GT-class car.
I've got a race-spec Ducati, though. Will that do? :D

acidzerocool

Renowned Member
12/7/06
Re: Here's a twist - what does your boss drive

zetterdawg said:

he drives it EVERY FREAKIN' DAY. Rain or shine. doesn't matter. It's not even in that good of condition anymore.

Look at the binders on that thing must stop on a dime. I would love to drive that thing WOW :shock: :shock:

Thats a carrea GT correct? price tag of $300k

Look one forsale!!!!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.js ... 2=googbase

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07

zetterdawg said:
Best way: Drive it like you stole it.

machen

5/4/06
Definitely....as long as you always wear your trusty helmet. I've always been afraid of motorcycles....they seem so...how should i put it....dangerous - but hey, where's the fun in being safe all the time?

zetterdawg

Renowned Member
12/5/06

acidzerocool said:
zetterdawg said:

Look at the binders on that thing must stop on a dime. I would love to drive that thing WOW :shock: :shock:

Thats a carrea GT correct? price tag of $300k

Look one forsale!!!!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.js ... 2=googbase

I think the pricetag if $440,000

it's a real head-turner. The binders on his have rust on them :(

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
ya i got a thing for red and black what can i say....

i work for EMS out here and they pay us surprisingly well....

Pete