• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hobbies other than watches

Gildabah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/17
I’ve too many lol , wave surfing , rc cars drones boats , fishing , yachts ???? all my money is gone

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
No money for hobbies..... just to say it with the famous words of George Best

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

:D

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Wow it’s great to hear from you guys after taking a little break, you guys have some really cool hobbies!

My latest one... I just bought a fabulously cheap BMW 745i - I’ve worked on my own cars before but nothing like that so I’ll have to start learning toot sweet!

What type of computers are considered vintage and what do you mean with restore ? Cheers

Really anything from 1980 until 2000 - stuff like board/general repairs, cleaning, capacitor replacement etc. Mainly 80s micros like the ZX Spectrum etc and late 90s Windows machines but everything under the sun really!

Not very exciting compared to some but it keeps me off the streets :D

Last edited:

highrisedrifter

Wow it’s great to hear from you guys after taking a little break, you guys have some really cool hobbies!

Really anything from 1980 until 2000 - stuff like board/general repairs, cleaning, capacitor replacement etc. Mainly 80s micros like the ZX Spectrum etc and late 90s Windows machines but everything under the sun really

I've still got a ZX81, my first computer ever, back at my parents house in the UK. I'd kill to get another BBC Model B as it's still my most loved computer. The hours I spent as a kid playing Elite were crazy.

I also had an Atari ST as it was the first affordable home computer with a midi interface and I hooked it up to my Mini Moog and my Yamaha DX7. I also played Dungeon Master on it and recently found that game again in Java format for my PC. Good times.

I also had an Amiga A500, whic I also loved. If I could find another BBC, an ST and an Amiga again, i'd be in heaven. I've got no room to put them anywhere but i'd still want them.

I also build high end PCs as a hobby too and my current rig is insanely good as I use it for movie editing and music production as well as games. I've got two GTX 1080Ti, 32Gig RAM, 12 Tb HDD, an i7 6700K watercooled and overclocked and three monitors, one of which is 4k.

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
I've still got a ZX81, my first computer ever, back at my parents house in the UK. I'd kill to get another BBC Model B as it's still my most loved computer. The hours I spent as a kid playing Elite were crazy.

I also had an Atari ST as it was the first affordable home computer with a midi interface and I hooked it up to my Mini Moog and my Yamaha DX7. I also played Dungeon Master on it and recently found that game again in Java format for my PC. Good times.

I also had an Amiga A500, whic I also loved. If I could find another BBC, an ST and an Amiga again, i'd be in heaven. I've got no room to put them anywhere but i'd still want them.

I also build high end PCs as a hobby too and my current rig is insanely good as I use it for movie editing and music production as well as games. I've got two GTX 1080Ti, 32Gig RAM, 12 Tb HDD, an i7 6700K watercooled and overclocked and three monitors, one of which is 4k.

I wasn’t around at the time but I’ve done a lot with my ZX81 as well as a ZX80. Never used a BBC but I have an Atari ST and an Amiga 1200. I have been thinking of selling the Atari STs, I don’t have room for them either!

I do build PCs as a hobby too... that’s a pretty impressive setup I have to say! I work to a tight budget on mine, have 2 780Ti, 16gb RAM and an i7 4770k. All stuff I have either had for years or picked up very cheaply. £200 on a pair of 780Tis trampled all over anything else you could find for that money while prices were crazy due to mining but I may treat myself to something new now prices have started to fall.

I’ve also just built a Pentium III system with a Voodoo3 :D

highrisedrifter

I’ve also just built a Pentium III system with a Voodoo3 :D

Good times! My first actual PC was a 385 sx25 with a 40 meg hard drive and 4 meg of RAM. It cost me about 1500 GBP to build. I got a 300 baud modem to go in it afterwards so I could surf all those cool bulletin boards. Well, for a month, until I rang up a 300GBP phone bill and my parents went crazy! ><

FCN

11/3/18
CAD! Love designing whatever comes to mind in SolidWorks and NX

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
Film photography- there's something really exciting about waiting to see how your roll turns out after getting it developed

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tyrantblade

21/6/11
I collect Silver Coins and Dragon Ball Super Trading Cards (hoping they don't go the way of Yu-Gi-Oh cards and re-release all of their rarest cards); I'm also big into video gaming (huge Sony fan and I'm also a Nintendo fan, Xbox barely registers on my radar since they have basically no exclusive game series and all the good ones expand to Sony and maybe even Nintendo).

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Billiard is the most i love. Special with art trick. I did practice some trick. But i love to learn more about this. On other side. I just start to collect Predator Cue. Currently own Predator 4k5 and in negotiating for the 8k4 now.
cbedf01d5842a6ecb5174f6fde13038a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

drohalloran

25/11/14
Besides watches, my passion is sailing and classic cars. But I used to fly, as others have said here.
r6KTAbH.jpg
Always interested to see what others are into!