• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hobbies other than watches

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Anyone got any interesting (or boring) hobbies other than watches?

I’m into car audio at the minute, also restore vintage computers in my spare time.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
I used to fly (general aviation and aerobatic) but stopped a year ago.

Now I'm fishing (a lot) and road cycling (racing).

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Flying sounds like a ton of fun. Had to take a second look at that avatar, thought I saw the wrong thing first time :D

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Before work kicked in, I used to do kendo, sports photography, airsoft target shooting (IPSC-style), and reading a few books every week. Now that work's taken over my life, all I've managed to keep doing is reading... just because I can do that on the train! :)

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
I don't have any hobbies, only obsessions, my current "problems" apart from watches are guitars and motorcycles.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Flying sounds like a ton of fun. Had to take a second look at that avatar, thought I saw the wrong thing first time :D

It was fun and I loved doing it, but when I got kids I didn't have the time nor the money to continue. And to be honest, I was ok with that. I had 12 years of fun but it felt as if I was done with it in a way.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Hi guys, my other obsession is the Hi-Fi and listening to it. Love to play vinyl and trying to relax with it.
The electronics in general is my passion, all the worlds related to. Especially Cars. I used to be a good mechanic and I apply my personal electronic knowledge to this world, modifying ecus and other interesting things [emoji4]

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Hi guys, my other obsession is the Hi-Fi and listening to it. Love to play vinyl and trying to relax with it.
The electronics in general is my passion, all the worlds related to. Especially Cars. I used to be a good mechanic and I apply my personal electronic knowledge to this world, modifying ecus and other interesting things [emoji4]

Well damn I forgot all about my hi-fi! Have a great system at home that I modded all the components myself, probably punches 5x above its weight in terms of cost. What’s your system got in it?

I’m an electronics guy too but not so much with cars (unless its audio)

I’d love to get more into cycling. Guitars are my father in laws thing but I’ve never been that musical haha.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Well damn I forgot all about my hi-fi! Have a great system at home that I modded all the components myself, probably punches 5x above its weight in terms of cost. What’s your system got in it?

I’m an electronics guy too but not so much with cars (unless its audio)

I’d love to get more into cycling. Guitars are my father in laws thing but I’ve never been that musical haha.
I have more than a system, at this moment I have one in every room... and it's crazy because my house is so small that I can hear one of them on every room... by the way, I bought them so I have to use them! :D
I have a Bose Dock for iPod (if we can call it Hi-Fi) in the bathroom, a compact Yamaha System with Yamaha speakers in my bedroom and in the living I have an old system that I collected during the years.
Is composed by an Onkyo Integra amplifier from 90's, a couple of Italian ESB speakers well known and good sounding from the 80-90's, developed by a great engineer "Renato Giussani", a Marantz CD Player and a Pro-Ject RPM turntable.
Home made cables following project on TNT Audio.

A better setup is in my wife's house... :)

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
I have more than a system, at this moment I have one in every room... and it's crazy because my house is so small that I can hear one of them on every room... by the way, I bought them so I have to use them! :D
I have a Bose Dock for iPod (if we can call it Hi-Fi) in the bathroom, a compact Yamaha System with Yamaha speakers in my bedroom and in the living I have an old system that I collected during the years.
Is composed by an Onkyo Integra amplifier from 90's, a couple of Italian ESB speakers well known and good sounding from the 80-90's, developed by a great engineer "Renato Giussani", a Marantz CD Player and a Pro-Ject RPM turntable.
Home made cables following project on TNT Audio.

A better setup is in my wife's house... :)

Haha same with my house! Have a Bose Wave in the living room (you’re right, it’s no hifi haha but it is small, sounds better with a piece of sponge in the port) and some random Bose computer speakers in my study. In my man cave I have a lightly tweaked Rega Planar 2 TT, Marantz CD63KI (modded within an inch of it’s life), similarly modified Pioneer A400 and Beresford DAC and some lovely 60s Mordaunt Short Pageant speakers with all new crossovers that sound absolutely divine

I’ve seen the DIY cables on TNT audio, at the moment mine’s hooked up with cast off Chord Company cables + mains filter from a family member but if I ever need any more...

It comfortably beats anything up to about 5x the cost new :D

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Haha same with my house! Have a Bose Wave in the living room (you’re right, it’s no hifi haha but it is small, sounds better with a piece of sponge in the port) and some random Bose computer speakers in my study. In my man cave I have a lightly tweaked Rega Planar 2 TT, Marantz CD63KI (modded within an inch of it’s life), similarly modified Pioneer A400 and Beresford DAC and some lovely 60s Mordaunt Short Pageant speakers with all new crossovers that sound absolutely divine

I’ve seen the DIY cables on TNT audio, at the moment mine’s hooked up with cast off Chord Company cables + mains filter from a family member but if I ever need any more...

It comfortably beats anything up to about 5x the cost new :D
wow that's a good setup!!!!

Old speakers with all new crossover components are great!

I also have another system with valve amplifier, SACD but is another story... :D

PACCBET

I'm Pretty Popular
19/10/16
Flying sure is fun
32010470c938fdd3ba169d9040aaec39.jpg

888424fe5d06a63a99dffc873fdf65cf.jpg

:lol: