• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gas Grills - recommendations please

raxford

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/15
Sounds like you're put off from Weber but I've got the 2 burner Spirit and like it a lot. I'm in MA so similar climate. I've owned it for 3 years, or just about. It took a real beating last winter as it was wrapped up in plastic after a move and left outside. Because of this, it had lots of moisture inside it when it warmed up.

But still, it lights every time and gets plenty hot. It hasn't really rusted besides the hoods of the burners, which are more covered in grease than rust. I clean the whole thing out every year (really gross), but it's never given me trouble.

Good luck!

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
I love my Weber and I'm 3 years in. They should last a long time.

Paule

Horology Curious
6/12/16
A nephew in Minn. has a Kamado and they seem to win a lot of barbecue competitions with them. Not sure I am that patient to use one all the time. I have a Char Broil infrared 2 burner for me and my wife that was purchased for $240 on sale. We use it every week in the winter and more in the summer. We live in Iowa. Had it 5 years and use a cover for it. Sits outside year round. Oem cover is still ok as well as ss burners and rack. Used to go through a tank of LP every 2 weeks with old grill. Every 6 months with this one. Do some maintenance but the fact I don't use salt on it probably helps the most. Small price to pay for finally finding a grill I like.