• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Engagement ring (rep?)

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
Just took a trip to the pawn shop, and was surprised to learn that they do in fact have some semi-precious stuff.....such as moissanite rings and even loose stones. They are apparently yet mistakingly taken in on occasion as real diamonds. I talked to the guy that owns the place, and he said it happens more often than one would think. He said they just need to get the cost of the setting out of the ring, and would be open to lowball offers on the existing stone due to his market not being one appropriate for "fake diamonds".

Sent from the RWI mobile app

timeonmyside

22/3/14
I will say when I got married in 04 the ring I gave her felt like a waste of money like better to have invested it somehow and she agreed. About a year ago I found what looked like an identical ring on Ali express for $1 so for a joke I ordered it. It's fucking nice! She wears the $1 ring all the time now. The women in her department all love it too and ask where she got it but her lips are sealed. These women are not cheap either. They all drive Mercedes and own multiple properties. An effing $1 ring has them all mesmerized. Haha love it!

Sent from the RWI mobile app