• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need some cigar help. kinda urgent!

cypher

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/06
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping people here smoke cigars cause I need some questions answered

My brother is getting married in a three weeks to an Indian girl in India , and he wanted me to pick up around a 150-200 cigars from here (the US) as they are much cheaper here. The thing is I dont know too much about cigars and was going to pick up some sampler packs. The cigars would be for the guests to smoke during the 5 day event.

I've been reading up on cigars and seem to have found some decent deals but since I'm a complete noob I need some feed back. Here are some that I think seem like a good deal...

75 Ct. Sampler Galore! $167 so about 2.25 per stick

5 Padron Diplomatico
5 Macanudo Trump
5 Partagas Spanish Rosada Perfecto
5 Royal Jamaica
5 Macanudo Portofino
5 La Gloria Escuela
5 Bolivar Toro
5 Macanudo Prince Phillip
5 Partagas Black Magnifico
5 Bolivar Churchill
5 Partagas Black Label Piramide
5 Partagas No. 1
5 Bolivar Lonsdale
5 Padron Torpedo
5 Macanudo 8-9-8

http://factorydirectcigars.com/index...1D058EE6DE4D64

20ct Super Summer Sampler $39.99

1 - Romeo y Julieta 1875 Toro (6â€x50)
1 - Don Diego Toro (6â€x50)
1 - H. Upmann Toro (6â€x50)
1 - Montecristo Platinum Toro (6â€x50)
1 - Onyx Reserve Toro (6â€x50)
1 - Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro Toro (6â€x50)
1 - Santa Damiana Toro (6â€x50)
1 - Royal Jamaica Maduro Toro (6â€x50)
3 - El Mejor Emerald Robusto (5.5â€x50)
3 - El Mejor Espresso Robusto (5.5â€x50)
3 - 5 Vegas Gold Robusto (5â€x50)
3 - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto (5â€x50)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...5&cat=6&page=1

20ct Sampler to End all Samplers $69.99

1 - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - 5 Vegas Miami Toro (6" x 48)
1 - 601 Serie Green Oscuro Tronco (5" x 52)
1 - CI Legends by Don Pepin Garcia (5.75" x 54)
1 - Cuba Libre Magnum (5.5" x 55)
1 - Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generosos (6" x 50)
1 - Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 (5" x 50)
1 - El Mejor Emerald Robusto (5.5" x 50)
1 - Graycliff 1666 Robusto (5.25" x 50)
1 - Gurkha Doble Maduro Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Fuerte Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Legend Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Master Select Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Sherpa Toro (6" x 50)
1 - Gurkha EL Enigma Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Man O’ War Robusto (5.5" x 50)
1 - Padilla Habano Torpedo (6.25" x 52)
1 - Padilla Obsidian Torpedo (6" x 54)
1 - Rocky Patel Double Maduro Toro (6.5" x 52)
1 - Rocky Patel Fusion Churchill (7" x 48)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...4&cat=6&page=1

I really dont want to get a lot of the same kind or the same price. I was looking to get some cheap ones and some expensive ones as well. Looking forward t hear what you have to say..

Thats all I found at the moment...please feel free to recommend more expensive ones as well if you feel that they are worth the price. I greatly appreciate you guys taking the time to read through this. Thanks in advance

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
One thing you might need to look into is, whether or not you can import that many cigars without paying customs on them. If they are considerably more expensive in India that is because there is more taxes on tobacco products. If you bring that many cigars with you they will more than likely want you to pay the same taxes on them. Just something to look into.

marcel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/07
Rather than think about cigars as expensive or inexpensive, think about a variety of different tastes, mild and strong, different wrapper types, different shapes etc. It sounds like you are buying for a crowd of people who will have very different tastes in what is a good cigar. Get the largest variety you can. If most of these people do not regularly smoke a cigar, then tend toward milder cigars. Otherwise go for the gusto (Padron etc.) Most cigar companies span the range so I can't recommend one company for a particular taste. Here is another retailer that I buy from regularly that does a good job of describing cigar tastes: http://www.famous-smoke.com/ Good luck and have a great smoke. :D

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Fortunately since you're buying them what the guests want it irrelevant. Unless your brother has something in mind, don't put too much thought into it. Buy some mild Buy some full bodied ones. Not too long or too big.