• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new Home Theater addition...(on it's way)

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Here is a picture of the corner of my basement that I drywalled and finished, no speakers visible from this angle.
You can see in the upper right hand corner 1 area that I prewired for a speaker, where in now have a Mirage OmniSat v2.
Best decision I made with the basement was to install a gas fireplace down there, it is the only heat source but heats the room great and stays completely off when I am not there. As long as you get one with a fan blower.
Much better than taxing the existing system plus looks really cool.

Cheers,
M

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
M, That is one trippen Bar Bro! Love the light panels. If I were your neighbor I would impose way too aften! :D

D4M, The Marantz recievers are pretty darn accurate. I could'nt afford one when I bought My Onkyo, TX-NR801 but I thought the Onkyo was a close second. I recommend that you go listen to the Denon's if if havent already and then go hit the Marantz. You will be shocked.

There is a fine balance when chosing these components and it is a very personal choice. One guys Denon is anothers Yami.

Also on the Ribbon speakers, I found that the MagnePan center channels have the most accurate sound for theater and SACD voice tracks. Nothing else compares. Do I own Magnepan? No, I installed 3 systems for friends and I am kicking myself for bending on the decision to go inwall. Next overhaul will be Magnepan.