• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Replica Sneakerhead Thread

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
Hi all, was wondering is there are any sneakerheads in here at RWI.

Personally, I have a collection of various gen Jordans and KB, only recently got into the rep scene for a pair of Yeezy's @JAFO as I could not justify paying 4 times retail for the gens at resale.

I have been a long time wearer of sneakers and when I first got them, I was literally blown away by how comfortable those reps are given the price. I guess like watches, gen sneakers are heading towards over priced territory, particularly so in the grey resale market. A pair of authentic yeezy's go for $700-1000 usd on the bay, as opposed to the retail price of $190.

Moreover, there are just too many fakes out there in the ebay market to risk money on gens.

Just some photos of sneakers for sneaker lovers:

Air Jodan 1.5 (With Jordan 2 Soles)
air-jordan-1-high-the-return-bred-black-black-gym-red-white-012340_1.jpg

Custom Air Jordan 1's
Air-Jordan-1-High-Red-Elephant-2.jpg

Yeezy Pirate Black 350's
Yeezy-350-boost-The-Hundreds-4.jpg

Jordan IV Premium
air-jordan-4-premium-black-pony-hair-new-release-date-1.jpg

As of now, the online community for rep sneakers are concentrated on Reddit with a whole section dedicated to the discussion on rep sneakers. But most are focused on yeezy's. They use similar terms as TD's and even get QC pics from their various dealers.

EDIT*
FYI, I won't be posting live links to where you can get them until the mods and admin says so... This thread is simply a discussion on rep sneakers for the time being...

Ret

Retina

Certified
18/12/14

2,000 pairs of shoes in 11 minutes.... Sneakerheads enjoy :D

NZ4

Horology Curious
23/5/11
Glad to see that someone is interested in shoes other than those Kanye west things. I've been relatively successful in acquiring Kobe 9 and 11 shoes. Mostly from Ali. Hopefully others can share their experiences.

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
I have a few Kobe gens, mostly 10s though. The 11s were sold out pretty quickly when launched. How's the comfort level on those reps?

NZ4

Horology Curious
23/5/11
Kobe 9: excellent comfort and fit true to size - no rational reason to get authentics imo.

Kobe 11: be careful to get the real flyknit as there are crappy fakes. I got two and they fit great and are comfy but I go 1/2 size down in them (as with the authentics)

all in all I'm super pleased with them.

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
[MENTION=38116]NZ4[/MENTION] sounds great mate.. might pick one or two up in future....

From what I've seen, theres three levels of reps in sneakers:

1. Aliexpress types $50-$60
Bare basic rep, thin shoelaces and imperfections, low quality leather

2. Perfect Reps - $90-$100
Better reps, better shoelaces and small improvements in details (Eyeholes and fly-knit)

3. Authentic Level Reps (Same price as gens)
Very very small imperfections, slight glue stains but construction is literally same as gen, with shoe boxes and tags in tact.

Personally, I never go for authentic level reps, given the same price, we might as well wait for a re-release of the gens and scoop them up once they become undesired.

The AE types and perfect reps are good candidates, but only if you really want the shoe, otherwise, you might be able to pick them up at any Nike outlet stores
for a fraction of the price. (Airmaxes can gof or as low as $60 at the authentic Nike outlet stores)

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
example of a entry level rep:

Example of a authentic level $400 rep

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Dang Ret...

A Sneaker Head...LOL

Don't wear sneaks much anymore, but if I did I'd give a rep pair a roll if the reviews were good...

JAFO

16/10/13
Yeezies are Devilly!!

Having said that, if I could get a nice pair of Nike Air MAGs I'd buy them.

But I wouldn't wear Yeezies if they were free. Kanye is a retard.

Reactions: Kdawggy

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
Yeezies are Devilly!!

there's a whole sneaker thread on them on niketalk :rofl:
apparently the rep makers did it quite well, the current ones on the market has all the correct LEDs

but not cheap, they go for close to 200 a pair

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
Dang Ret...

A Sneaker Head...LOL

Don't wear sneaks much anymore, but if I did I'd give a rep pair a roll if the reviews were good...

i wear them on casual days :D

i still stick to italian leather on business :D

JAFO

16/10/13
there's a whole sneaker thread on them on niketalk :rofl:
apparently the rep makers did it quite well, the current ones on the market has all the correct LEDs

but not cheap, they go for close to 200 a pair

Yeah, that's the problem - 200 bucks for the good ones. I do want some and I'd get them from Lucy, but what the hell am I gonna do - wear Marty McFly's with shorts? LOL!!!

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
Yeezies are Devilly!!

There are free yeezies in the brig from commissary... If your loved ones put money on your book, I hear they come with a free box!!!

JAFO

16/10/13
There are free yeezies in the brig from commissary... If your loved ones put money on your book, I hear they come with a free box!!!

But is it a 1:1 v6s per gen box???

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
Yeah, that's the problem - 200 bucks for the good ones. I do want some and I'd get them from Lucy, but what the hell am I gonna do - wear Marty McFly's with shorts? LOL!!!

I'm sure you will pull it off :rofl:

Didn't know Lucy could get them :O might give her a ring next!