• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone heard from member "Leatherback" lately?

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I bought a bunch of sub and MBW parts off him about 6 weeks ago.. paid with paypal $350 and havent received anything and he wont respond to PM's or emails.

Has anyone talked to him lately? I just want to know where my parts are.

dizz

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Nope! I sent him a PM a couple weeks ago, and it's still sitting in my outbox.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
He hasnt logged in for over a month and he doesnt answer my emails either.. communication was great until i made payment then he dropped off the face of the earth. Oh well i guess i need to proceed with my next course of action. Its been 6 weeks and no communication and no parts. Hes had way more than enough time to send me an email.

dizz

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Something must have happened, his last login was a long time ago.
I PM'd him to buy his modded IWC CD caseback well over a month ago, never heard a word PM still in my outbox.

Don't think he was scamming anyone, but it is odd re has not returned to the boards and checked his PM's.
He seemed like a member in good standing.
Before you do anything maybe a MOD can try to reach him via email?

Cheers,
M

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Yeah we've tried a couple ways to get hold of him. I've PM'd him as well as JB and i"ve emailed him on two diferent email addresses simply asking for an update or explanation and so far nothing. After 6 weeks of no responses and no items, im assuming im being scammed. It just seemed odd that he was emailing all the time until right after i pressed the "send payment" button in paypal... then he vanished. Ive escallated a paypal claim to the second stage today so I'll get my $350 back (not mentioning replicas or the forums of course) and if the items show up someday i will gladly resend him the money. I'm an honest person. It just pisses me off that he has my money and I'm sitting here in the dark. He told me he would send the parts out the day payment was made and that was Jan09. And that was also the last day he emailed me saying he was sending the parts out that day and 6 weeks later i have nothing.

dizz

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
L-dizzle said:
Yeah we've tried a couple ways to get hold of him. I've PM'd him as well as JB and i"ve emailed him on two diferent email addresses simply asking for an update or explanation and so far nothing. After 6 weeks of no responses and no items, im assuming im being scammed. It just seemed odd that he was emailing all the time until right after i pressed the "send payment" button in paypal... then he vanished. Ive escallated a paypal claim to the second stage today so I'll get my $350 back (not mentioning replicas or the forums of course) and if the items show up someday i will gladly resend him the money. I'm an honest person. It just pisses me off that he has my money and I'm sitting here in the dark. He told me he would send the parts out the day payment was made and that was Jan09. And that was also the last day he emailed me saying he was sending the parts out that day and 6 weeks later i have nothing.

dizz

If he is nowhere to be found, the possibility exists that he has passed-on. He may not be trying to scam you. It may be beyond his control. Let's hope not, but it is possible.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I know this is a huge thread bump but, He’s gunna wish he’s dead when I find him one day. I know we’re he works and lives. He’s owes me $350 plus idiot tax. So maybe $1000. I’m heading to his area soon and apparently he still works at the same hospital there according to his social media. Im and going to go pay a visit and get my money back.

Reactions: KushBandit

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I know this is a huge thread bump but, He’s gunna wish he’s dead when I find him one day. I know we’re he works and lives. He’s owes me $350 plus idiot tax. So maybe $1000. I’m heading to his area soon and apparently he still works at the same hospital there according to his social media. Im and going to go pay a visit and get my money back.

The long con. I like the cut of your jib.:popcorn2:

Reactions: nalomb

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

You had better "come correct" as they say, if you are going to announce yourself in advance.