• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Justice Antonin Scalia has passed away at 79.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Just breaking in the news.

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/feb/13/supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-dead-at-79

Cb_ILcec_W0_AAqph8.jpg

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Brilliant legal mind -- if you're of the constructionist / libertarian persuasion. That's a huge shift on the Court ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
Huge shift if Obama gets to name his replacement. That's not a given in today's political climate, and he's already been slapped by the Court for taking it upon himself to decide when the Senate is in recess - so no recess appointment. Gonna add a twist to this year's presidential election.

Brilliant legal mind -- if you're of the constructionist / libertarian persuasion. That's a huge shift on the Court ...

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Obama said that in due time he's replace him.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
A Republican Congress would never approve any Obama appointee -- this seat will be vacant until the next President.

Whitefire98

Known Member
14/2/16
A Republican Congress would never approve any Obama appointee -- this seat will be vacant until the next President.

It will be interesting to see. Sri Srinivasan was approved to a lower court not too long ago and has been talked about for the vacancy....it would be interesting to see one approved unanimously, then not.