• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU MEMBERS : STAY AWAY FROM NAVIGATER

Golfman

7/9/06
@ Admins : sorry but i haven't found the "Trade Review section" !!!
Thanks to move it if it should be.

Hi friends,

I just want to talk you about the bad story i am living with NAVIGATER for now 5 months !!!

I decided in last july to have modds on 2 of my beloved PAMs :

For my 005 from Joshua and my “fantasy†PVD :
- Hight cannon pin
- Superlumed (dial)
- Thick crown

As NAVIGATER doesn’t source parts, I had order 2 pairs of SL hands and 2x2.0 crown (one ss and one pvd) from Davidsen. (I told NAVI that he could keep old hands and crown. In fact the ss crown was the same as the one I already have on the 005 = a free crown for NAVI ..)

One of my requires was that watches should be back before my holidays (10 of August)

So I send my 2 Pams, with Davidsen parts to NAVIGATER the 18 of july …

- 08/02 : NAVI answered me that he was sick and hadn’t done the job. Then I told him “no pb, take your time, but try to send it on my holidays address (I will pay the sup shipping)

- 08/09 : NAVI told me that the PVD had its 2 first layers of lume

- Then, no news during several weeks

- 09/06 : NAVI answered me after I have followed him around all the forum with PMs and Emails : he had pb on the PVD cause of the size of the hole for the new tube + first of personal pb…

- 10/05 : After a lot of mail, and no NAVI answers on most of them, I get back my watches!!!! ALMOST 3 MONTHS AFTER

And then what a surprise :

005 : - lume is not as good as i can expected for a 3 monts work : not regular in color and thickness, scratches around number, lot of scratches on the dial !!!!!
005Navi.jpg

PVD : not better, with another pb on the new crown : to open the crown lever i need to use a tool cause it's more than hard locked !!!!! And when the crown is off it seems that it's completly free, not guided and doesn't inspire me any confident about the reliability of it.
PVDNavi.jpg

Then I asked him for a refund, and he proposed to do the job again. After several mails, we were aggre on the fact that I send him back the 005 to change the dial, and that he send me back the 005 with a 202a dial SL for my PVD.

I send it the 11/29 …

12/11 : no answers from him again. He hasn’t pick up my watch at the post office :(

Just to compare :
In 15 days, my old 217 has gone at VACCUM home for modds to become a 127, serviced, and back on my wrist !!!!
Each day I received pics of the job he had done !!!!! What a difference !!!! VACCUM IS A TRUSTY MODDER.

I think that I have been very, very patient, and that I gave him his chance, not once but twice ….. So now I fed up with this story.

Now, I just hope to see my 005 come back, and to be refund by NAVIGATER for this prejudice.

Members, before going with a modder, be sure that is the good one :angry:

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
I've seen these type of stories before when it comes to modder. Its critical you pick someone that really knows their craft instead
of members that sort of pick up along the way and decide to give it a go as a business.
I've seen these type of stories from even many highly regarded modders.
For PAM projects the only person I would go to is Vac.

Golfman

7/9/06
Some funny messages extracts between NAVIGATER and I ..... I let you guys appreciate !!!

2007/10/8 GolfMan
I am OK with your proposal :
New Relumed dial for the 2 watches, if it not takes 2 others month
So i wait for the hi res pics before sending the watches...

2007/10/8 NAVI
it will not take 2 month i guarantee you that!!!
i hope i will get them the next week,...
I will let you know. And then i will relume them and send you the pics....

2007/10/9 GolfMan
I gonna trust you and really hope that everything will be fine this time.
So waiting for informations on dials arrival and pics to see them.
For shipping, i would like to have something more faster and sure : your package was almost open (i can take a part of charge of it, i have already proposed it to you before)...I think we are on the good way.

2007/10/8 NAVI
thxx for you understaning.
The dials must be at my place in about 10 days that was promised to me but i can not guarantee this you know how the chinese people are the promise much.
I will not dissepoint you this time!!!

Oh, i almost forgot to precise : not sound from NAVIGATER since the beginning of this thread .....

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
Hi Golfman,

I hope this situation gets sorted out for you.

As mentioned in our PMs a couple of weeks back, painted dial relume is extremely difficult (I heard from Vac) - What I am trying to say here is that I am afraid he may not be able to re-relume the dials upto Vaccum or Ziggy's level, even if he tries again. I really hope he comes through for you, or just refund your money.

bazonkers

Known Member
22/10/07
I hope it gets sorted out as well but if I received those watches in that condition, I'd never let him touch them again. I would have rather eaten the cost than risk him screwing them up more. What makes you think he'll do a better job than he did the first time? At this point, I'd just be hoping I got my watches back in some condition rather than not at all. Ziggy or Vac are the masters for this kind of work. Hopefully he'll rock them this time, however, and they'll be perfect for you.

Golfman

7/9/06
bazonkers said:
What makes you think he'll do a better job than he did the first time? At this point, I'd just be hoping I got my watches back in some condition rather than not at all. Ziggy or Vac are the masters for this kind of work.

I think that you are right bazonkers. I have wanted to trust him and to give him a second chance : the first round was so crap that i said to myself that he would be motivated to do a good job (he tries to start his business in EU .....).
Anyway, on the second chance, i have just sent him the 005 for a exchange dial. I have kept the PVD and asked him top send me a 202a Superlumed dial on the return with the 005. Then the PVD will be send to Vac for install the 202a dial, service the ETA movt, and few others things....

At this point you are right : i just want to see my 005 back at home, and, as JOEJOEJOE says : have a full refund includind the 25€ 005 cost shipping !!!

In french, we say "trop bon, trop con !!!!"

Golfman

7/9/06
Just to keep you informed about this story .... by the way this thread doesn't seem to interest RWIs' members .... hope you will never fell in Navigater hands friends :wink:

So Since the begining, always nothing !!!!
For the moment he doesn't want to refund me .....
Hope to find a solution rapidly :(

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
There has been some talk on RWG about him as well.
http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?sho ... =NAVIGATER

He seemed like a nice guy,, probably bit off more than he could chew. Just like this panerex guy, some people came onto RWI from elsewhere proclaming him as the second coming... when no one has heard of him, new modders should be a red flag to you. Go with experience!
I also know of one other major issue with Navigater that has not been made public yet, it is not my place to bring it as it does not affect anyone other than the person who has the problem.

Having a shopping mall atmosphere, throwing anyone you can find up on an approved list of vendors be it dealer or modder is a bad idea. Allowing someone to advertise their wares or skills is the same as endorsing them, be careful!

I guess the same holds true when you think you are doing business with a new and upcoming dealer when in fact you are doing business with someone you would never do business with is another problem that I have, same applies if someone were to have multiple storefronts on the same forum but under different names... you think your doing business with someone new and your really not.... again.. bad idea !!

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
Stories like this are exactly why I don't do mods for people!

I feel bad for both of you I hope you both come to some kind of compromise!