• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
[[ADMIN EDIT]]
ALI EXPRESS ARE NOT TRUSTED DEALERS ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU BUY FROM THEM YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. REMEMBER, THIS IS NON WATCH PRODUCT THREAD, IT IS NOT FOR DISCUSSING THE PURCHASE OF WATCHES FROM ALI DEALERS, THERE IS A SEPPERATE THREAD FOR THAT.

IN ADDITION, NO LIVE LINKS (IE: CLICKABLE) ARE TO BE POSTED. YOU MAY POST LINKS BUT PLEASE UNTICK THE "Automatically parse links" BUTTON BELOW THE TEXT INPUT BOX ON THE REPLY TO POST PAGE. THIS WAY IT DOES NOT INCRESE THE ALI DEALER'S SEO.

[[/ADMIN EDIT]]

Much like watches, i am a huge fan of nice pens. Well browsing the epic Aliexpress thread over on RWG, got me curious and i figured for a few dollars I would give it a try. Last time I experimented with Aliexpress, I received three awesome sets of cufflinks, so i figured what the hell.

In any case - here is what I ordered. Lets see how they look when they come in:

High-Quality-Black-Parker-brand-pen-by-gold-clip-Business-Ballpoint-Pen-stationery-School-Office-roller.jpg_200x200.jpg
Luxury-Silver-Checker-Roller-Ball-Pens-with-crytal-top-stationery-school-office-supplies-metal-writing-pen.jpg_200x200.jpg
BAOER-508-mysterious-gray-fountain-pen-for-writing-stationery-school-metal-ink-pens-free-shipping.jpg_200x200.jpg

I will keep you guys posted once they come in. If everything looks good, i will share the vendors info :)

Ruski91

12/10/12
Waiting on delivery - i will update once they are here.

Also picked up a LV Passport cover as well as an LV belt. Looking forward to seeing what Ali can provide with such small prices. Real life Pics seemed to look pretty good

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
I am also interested in seeing how this works out.

May I ask what payment method you used?

Ruski91

12/10/12
@Capt. Obvious

I used a visa debit card - payment went through without any issues. I have ordered on Ali only once before and had no issues what so ever. Product was pretty nice too ... couple cheapie cartier & hermes cufflinks

devonhiee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/13
I just ordered three different MB pens:

Meisterstuck
Starwalker
Grace Kelly

I ordered from 3 different sellers and did it with buyers protection (escrow). Used my CC and I would recommend it over a debit for an added layer of protection.

Aliexpress is basically China's eBay so the sellers won't get your CC info.

Got two tracking info so far.

revhrd

5/2/11
Ruski,

care the to share the pen and cuff links?

:)

Anelson86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/15
I just picked up two Skywalker's and they are fantastic. Shipping took a little bit but overall I was very happy with them. Several of my coworkers were impressed by them that they picked up some for themselves. Just placed an order for one of the tactical pens, hope its as good as the Skywalker.

Ruski91

12/10/12
Ruski,

care the to share the pen and cuff links?

:)

Havent gotten the pens yet, patiently waiting - will add them here as soon as i get them. Here is a link to my 'review' of the cuffs (Got them a while back): http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/203427-For-my-fellow-Cufflink-fans

I got three pairs - Cartier, Hermes, and Gucci (The first two were on point, the guccis were not for me. I might post them for sale here for a couple bucks if I ever get around to it.

Ruski91

12/10/12
Update: Wife took delivery of the pens this afternoon. I am still at work but will update with pics as soon as I get home. From what she says they are heavy and look to be very good quality.

As a side note: Also bought some shoes for my 5 month old son and apparently they are awesome. For those who care, i will post a few pics of those as well.

Ruski91

12/10/12
Sorry for the crappy iphone pics - lighting in my office is not the best. So as i mentioned before, i got 2 MB pens (1 ballpoint and 1 fountain pen) and one fountain pen without a brand on them. To be honest i was not expecting much considering the price. I paid roughly $25 for all three (so a little more than 8 bucks each). Shipping took a tad longer than i had expected but not bad - 18 days from order to delivery.

I was honestly blown away by the quality of these pens for the price i paid. I have had one rep mb ballpoint before and these are so much better than the one i have. Ok enough talk, on to the pictures:

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

The silver one is awesome, as someone mentioned it is a smudge magnet but none the less - its heavy and looks fantastic. Fits great in the hand and writes beautifully. The black mb pen is on another level. The material is like a rubbery satin finish and feel so cool. I just have to figure out how to load it with ink. The fountain pens arrive with an empty canister. The blue marble no name pen looks nice, good weight, but not nearly as nice as the MB pen. The tip could have used a bit more decoration but, in any case, still like it. Very eager to get these loaded with ink and give the fountain pens a try. I have always wanted one, and finally have them.

As i also mentioned, i picked up a few cheap pairs of shoes for my 5 month old. They are really cool, for the price, quality is awesome. They are a little big, but thats cool, he will grow into them. Shipping took 11 days from order to deliver.

IMG_2590.JPG
IMG_2591.JPG
IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2593.JPG
IMG_2594.JPG

panermaniac

Advisor
25/5/12
China
They look great, mate! Enjoy - love the shoes for the little one :)

I can't understand Aliexpress. The shipping charges to Taiwan are insane! They want $16 to send a pen here from China! I could probably throw it across the strait on a good day :(

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
[...]
I can't understand Aliexpress. The shipping charges to Taiwan are insane! They want $16 to send a pen here from China! I could probably throw it across the strait on a good day :(

You've answered your own question, it costs that much because they have to hire someone with enough wrist/armpower, and they're not easy to come by...

[emoji14]

Ruski91

12/10/12
@panermaniac thanks bud. Yea some of the shipping charges are crazy. Thankfully for CONUS, most are free, some just take forever. But in this case it was worth the wait. I have like 15 other things inbound from there. I am sure sooner or later i will get something that i dont like, but for now i have been lucky with 4 out of 4 good orders.